What's new

Acquisitions Monday June 5 - Sunday June 11

Just Arrived:

Bottle of Taylor's #74 Victorian Limes as well as samples of Taylor's Shaving Shop SC, Taylor's Lavender SC, Castle Forbes Lime SC. Also are the following cologne samples Penhaligon's English Fern, Floris Santal, L'Artisan Parfumeur, and T&H Clubman/Freshman/Trafalgar.

Anyone have any opinions about any of these samples? I was unaware that I'd receive any samples and am looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks Troy!

jmhAZ said:
Randy,
Mind if I inquire as to what your son's next step is?
Jeff
University of Utah -- Class of 2000

Jeff,

He's going to attend the UofU beginning this fall. He's still undecided on a major, so like so many, will be working on basics. Other than that, I don't know. So far, he hasn't mentioned touring Europe or anything like that!:biggrin:

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Jeff,

He's going to attend the UofU beginning this fall. :biggrin:

Randy

In that case he is a fine boy, I could tell just by looking at his picture. You are to be commended sir.

Cheers,
Jeff
Go Utes!!!

Randy,
Congrats on your son's graduation and on properly instructing him how to shave. Both should provide him with the ability to live a better life.

First order from QED. Lime and Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint shave sticks, DaVinci water, green clay mask. The sticks smell fantastic. I cant stop smelling the lime. Almost took a bite so I had to put it away.

SSLStudio said:
Ahh !the brush looks way better on your photo then it does online at their website ah. it does have a shine to it interesting. your brother is one lucky dude to have you as a guide.

Thanks Rene. It's a great little tool, well worth the money and perfect for the beginner. I'm flying up to Washington Monday and will give him the brush, a tub of C&E Sweet Almond, and sample of Taylor's Avocado.

This is my "pack the travel kit" week-end, so I'll post some thoughts on essential creams for a long road trip :w00t:

teamacacia said:
Just Arrived:

Bottle of Taylor's #74 Victorian Limes as well as samples of Taylor's Shaving Shop SC, Taylor's Lavender SC, Castle Forbes Lime SC. Also are the following cologne samples Penhaligon's English Fern, Floris Santal, L'Artisan Parfumeur, and T&H Clubman/Freshman/Trafalgar.

Anyone have any opinions about any of these samples? I was unaware that I'd receive any samples and am looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks Troy!

I really love the Taylor's Shave Shop (see my SOTD), there's a thread on the CF Limes where no one dislikes it. Lavender is a scent that I can only take when it is very light. I traded my tub of Taylor's Lavender for Rose with the Lathermeister.

Randy,

congrats on your boy's graduation. Mine graduated this year as well--no shaving supplies, just a travel check and a $200 steak dinner for the family

Cutthroat said:
First order from QED. Lime and Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint shave sticks, DaVinci water, green clay mask. The sticks smell fantastic. I cant stop smelling the lime. Almost took a bite so I had to put it away.

You may want to eat the limes, but just wait until you slap on a brush full of the Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint! Have your parka nearby!

Randy

Cutthroat said:
You may wish to search about B&B for ways to use the shave sticks. Seems as though everyone has their own best way to do it..

Today its 30 degree's, 89 Fahrenheit. sun outside almost no wind !

England plays paraguay

Im going out need to get myself the so talked hyped about Tabac soap and a fellow countrymen said I could get it at the DA. hmmm I did see TABAC EDT and a/s and lotion.

The girl asked can you find it ? I said no im looking for the Tabac Shave soap she said try looking at the front where all the shave cans are..oh yeah Gillette #$#$@ a men can get....

No she says its not there.. but I didnt walk away I check out the little shaving section. hey what is that a little display box of brushes..obvious not Badger but Boar.. hey Muhle Pinsel they look nice marmer fake nature stone look. price $7,50 oh well the Shave den has plenty of room.

I walked out of the shop with

-Muhle Boar Bristle
-Vergulde Hand ALumn block
-Wilkinson sword shave soap
-Vergulde hand Shave soap.

Really decent price I hope Scotto had his hoal when he was in the Netherlands Vergulde hand is genuine Dutch made products.

Anyways didnt get my Tabac some other time I guess.

i too swore that i would not purchase anything until the B & B brush, however....

just received my order of SCS savory rose(wooden container) and my orange sorbet( stainless).

can u believe that this order was placed on 7 jun 06 about 10 pm- and its here on saturday by noon?

Sue, you da man!

Marty

My order from St. Charles Shave just arrived. The Sandalwood EDT smells excellent. I will post pics later.

I have received my ebay acquired super badger brush.
It has no branding or markings so I have no idea of what is the manufacturer,
but it looked promising and having it delivered from england to italy with a tube of arko soap that i was eager to try for 17 British Pounds looked a good deal.

Here it is as arrived,brand new:
proxy.php

proxy.php

and after a couple of shaves:
proxy.php

proxy.php

There is no comparison to my older Omega bristle brush (which is a nice bristle brush) but as everyone of you was saying badger is a different world.
Only defect:my bowl is too small for it...

full

A little for Dad: eshave Badger Brush, SCS Almond and Sandalwood shave soaps.

A little for me: SCS Sandalwood EDT (very nice) and some straight razor gear (hard to see, bad pic). I am waiting on one last item and will then be ready to begin testing the straight.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Men, Thank you for the very nice compliments on my shipping time. I hope you have a smooth quality shave with my soaps.
Sue

Kyle said:
That is the most unique handle material I have seen. What is it?
It is some kind of hard resin ,probably some acrilate.
It is a low price badger brush after all...
My hope is that most of its price went for the hair and workmanship,not on the handle.

Top Bottom