Acquisitions Monday January 8 - Sunday January 14

Discussion in 'The Score' started by SSLStudio, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gents Post your scores of this Week ... lets see what the aftermath of Santa brought you.

my C&E score:

Sienna EDT
    Sandalwood Cologne

Jonathan aftershave gel -free samples
    Biomaris washing lotion -free samples.

2. Dovo Micarta
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  3. letterk

letterk Moderator Emeritus

Scored this Puma 4/8 off ebay.

[​IMG]

4. -Muehle Pinsel Pure badger brush (around 21mm)

-L'occitane soap bowl (a second chance for this awesome smelling product).

5. Dorco 301 blades 2 x 10
    2 x atomisers
    3 x travel cream pots
    Schick Injector (1937 E2, mint) from ebay

Brian

6. Tinzien

Tinzien Moderator Emeritus

2oz. St. Johns Bay Bay Rum EDT + samples

7. Merkur Progress and various blades --> Thanks TraderJoe

Merkur Futur (I've used it already) --> Thanks switters

8. The first straight razor that I actually wish I had. Beautiful.

9. Thanks Telly (are you Greek?). Its a great shaver as well.

10. my score yesterday date codes T and C

11. Today, I came home from work expecting to have the cologne I had ordered from Scentiments waiting for me. It was. Not only that though, I had been promised some shaving cream samples from Caswell-Massey. It had been a few weeks since then and I had pretty much forgotten about it. They were here too.

Best of all though, last Thursday evening, I ordered my new BK8 directly from Kent. In England. I'm in Connecticut. This awesome brush was waiting at my door too!! Three business days! Normal carriage charges. WOW! :thumbup:

The only brush I owned was the EJ Medium Silvertip which I REALLY like. The only thing I don't like about it is, well, it's kinda small. I, umm, guess I fixed that! :biggrin: The BK8 is awesome, as is the presentation case! This brush is HUGE!! Can't imagine what a BK12 is like! Probably bigger than my car!! :eek:

And soft?! OMG!! Had to try it out (as you can tell from the bloom). I'm gonna need a bigger tub of cream! Tried using the same amount I've been using with the EJ - Mr. Kent just laughed at me and said, "You're going to have to do better than THAT, son!" So, of course, I added more! :w00t: I'm gonna need a bigger bowl too!!!!!!!!

Next, I'm expecting the B&B Finest. Can hardly wait to see how that one stands up to the competition! I may have to start shaving three times a day...or maybe more body parts! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

12. From a very pleasant gentleman based in Canada

2 "Buy It Now" purchases off ebay

1940s Gillette Tech
    1951 Gillette Superspeed

Including shipping to the UK, just under £17($32)

He even enclosed some Israeli Platinums :smile:

13. castlecraver

castlecraver Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy that 40's Tech. That's one of my favorites. Mine looks nowhere near as nice as yours though :thumbup:

14. Haitian, Venezuelan, Italian.

15. Interesting mix!

Actually I asked because your name in Greek is a nickname for Aristotle (Aristotelis).

16. Yes, I know. I've heard it's a nickname for Theodore and Theophilus as well. I have Greek friend who calls me Telly-opolus as a result.:blush:

17. George, when we left Israel to come to Canada, we were living in Thessaloniki for a while---what a wonderful city. I go back there almost every year.

Jeff

18. Norton 4k/8k... $69 including tax
    Nagura stone
    Radio shack Microscope

finally I was able to hone my W&B 5/8. It even passed the HHT with the conservative pyramid and 50 laps on the smooth side of my strop. Nice!!! I may not be anywhere near honemeister standards but they shave smooth.

Raf

19. My parents are from Thessaloniki! I haven't gone there for a couple of years now though, and I really miss it. (Go PAOK!)

20. Merkur Long Handle Classic
    EJ - Super Badger Brush
    Burt's Bees - Bay Rum Shave Soap
    Mama Bear's - Mysore Sandalwood and Ylang, Ylang Shave Soap
    Antique Wooden Shave Soap Box
    Derby Blades/B&B Bonus - Lavender and Menthol Shave Cream

Not a bad take for my return to DE shaving experience! :cool:

chop-chop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.