What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a few nice, inexpensive items:
proxy.php

That's a fine example of Bill's work! The new etching and his messing around with twisted wire looks great.

And Floris Sandalwood.....yes!!!!!

Beautiful razor!!!

Nice Razor mate!

That's a fine example of Bill's work! The new etching and his messing around with twisted wire looks great.

And Floris Sandalwood.....yes!!!!!

Thanks guys! The etching is on another level, and the mopani scales look very classy. Bill did a wonderful job and I'm quite sure this is going to be my go-to razor for a long, long time. :001_smile

The Floris Sandalwood is very nice too.:biggrin: I also have a vintage bottle but the top notes on this one are more pronounced.

proxy.php

Got my Grandfather's Gillette for Christmas!
proxy.php

Thinking it's an Old Type. Has "PAT NOV. 15 04" on the handle and "G375085" stamped on the inside of the comb piece.
Wonder if it's possible to nail down the year of manufacture?
Has the usual hairline crack in the handle, too. Also missing the top to the blade box. Any idea where I might find another?
proxy.php

The head's got some wear, but its still serviceable.
proxy.php

Cleaned up nicely, ready to shave! :tongue_sm

I finally got my 37c my HD Slant! cant wait to try it out, and also some Conks amber and some porasso pre/post shave along with a nice Conks mug that Im going to use for coffee as I already have a georgetown scuttle.
Happy Holidays

My dad's idea of packing material:

That's 9 pounds of jelly beans. The empty spot is where I pulled the Speick box from.

Here's what else was inside:

From top to bottom, left to right:

Tabac
J.M. Fraser's (original)
Speick
Cremo Cream
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil shaving cream
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil after shave balm
The Gentleman's Refinery unscented after shave balm
The Gentleman's Refinery unscented shave cream
Cyril R. Salter Classic Almond shave cream
Cyril R. Salter Essential Lime shave cream
Cyril R. Salter Fresh Mint shave cream

Got several things for xmas:

C&E Nomad cream and asb
Proraso cream
C.O.Bigelow shave oil
Pre de Provence shave soap
*** Permission to buy a Rooney Super sized 1 or 2 ***

Just got a package with a Speick stick, a tallow Erasmic stick, IK soap, C&E Sienna soap, and a superspeed.

Pretty good haul :)

i managed to score 12 old shaving mugs, a couple from the turn of the century for about $140 bucks. several of the scuttle type and a couple Nipons..

also scored an eveready brush, new in box with rack (NOS)...

i love the old mugs and have about 30 or so now...

snip

Has the usual hairline crack in the handle, too. Also missing the top to the blade box. Any idea where I might find another?

Actually you have the top, you are missing the bottom of the blade box. It will be gold colored and fit inside the top you show. The bottom will have a circle cut out of the middle to make it easy to remove the blades from the box.

I've not seen parts sold, but you can often find them as part of inexpensive vintage razor sets on eBay.:001_smile

My daughter (age 7) was watching me shave and noticed my stiptic pencil was in bits, started asking me questions about it, where you could get one, etc. And sure enough, she picked one out for me! Not the best gift in terms of wow factor, but the best in that she picked it out all by herself!

Also got a tube of Zihr shave cream.

Great Hauls guys!

Before I left for Christmas, I made a post about mail being slow. I had it stopped while I was gone and returned to a stack of boxes today. Here are some of the goodies: (pictures small for space, click for larger.)

an old brush scuttle, case for my Aristocrat Junior, QED Fresh Lime, a nearly all aluminum Rocket! only 33 g, TOBS Lemon Lime, Gillette 75th aniversary belt buckle (I don't wear belt buckles) and a French NEW set (made in England)
The French set has this stamp on it:
proxy.php

I also got my Psychos. I purchased two, and discussed getting three with the seller, because I am crazy, but backed out on the third, but the seller told me that they were going to send me the box as a bonus for helping them sell the razors, but I get the package and there is another bonus! :D I hope everyone else got their Psychos and are as happy with them as I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom