What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family and I drove out to Amish country here in Volant,PA and it was gorgeous. It was in the mid 60s outside and there was a beautiful sunset. Oh and we had fried cod and fries for dinner (mammoth portions). The kids had their usual cheeseburger and fries. I was surprised to see a shop called Common Scents.
They had all types of soaps, oils, lotions and all types of fragrances. The GLW insisted we go in and check and see if they had shaving stuff. I was doubtful at first but man it was worth checking out. I was able to get a puck of Ogallala Bay Rum ss and Ogallala Bay Rum as. To make it better everything in the store was half off so I picked up both for about $10. It was a very nice evening to watch the sunset as we drove home this evening.​

My Christmas purchases came in yesterday!

- DR Harris Arlington
- JM Fraser
- Gold-plated New
- New Deluxe Belmont

There's a crack in the handle visible in the last photo, but it's barely noticeable and certainly not enough to keep my from this beaut.

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that new looks amazing! That is the razor I regret selling the most (I didn't use it often, but I love the design and the fact it was made on Jan. 13, that is my birthday).

1941 Gillette Milady in great condition.

1920 Gillette Bulldog - very tarnished and a crack in the handle.

1966 Lady Gillette - blue handle/stars (thrown in with the Milady as a bonus).

1941 Gillette Milady in great condition.

1920 Gillette Bulldog - very tarnished and a crack in the handle.

1966 Lady Gillette - blue handle/stars (thrown in with the Milady as a bonus).

Nice Scores! Have any pictures?

My Christmas purchases came in yesterday!

- DR Harris Arlington
- JM Fraser
- Gold-plated New
- New Deluxe Belmont

There's a crack in the handle visible in the last photo, but it's barely noticeable and certainly not enough to keep my from this beaut.

WOW!

No photos yet.

Just finished polishing the Bulldog. It's looking a lot better. Initially, I thought parts of it might have been painted black. It now looks silver mostly (still some very dark spots) and I think it will be my razor this week.

No bent teeth and the crack in the handle doesn't seem to affect tightening down the head.

First up in the batter box:

proxy.php

proxy.php

A fellow I work with came up to me and explained how he inherited a building out in West Texas, and found this, a small shave cabinet. The building was built in 1929, an office building with apartments upstairs IIRC, and apparantly these were common. He thought I'd like it, knowing my affinity for old-school shaving :rolleyes:
As you can see, there is a holder for a brush, and razor, and a toothbrush (or another razor), a shelf for blades/soaps, and a place for a mirror in the front. I need to clean it up and repaint it, but before I did I figured ya'll enjoy seeing it.

Next up in the lineup is:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

went to my favorite antique store, the lady's first words to me "I've got something for you"
Long story short - a friend gave it to her, so she gave it to me!
stunning condition, I have NOT cleaned that thing up yet! It was in this condition as I received it. Even the blade inside almost looks usable. :biggrin:
I wouldn't try it, you get the idea.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And now for the results of the recent Northeast Texas Winter 2008 Spoliation Extravaganza:
proxy.php

I grabbed these cuz I thought they were pretty cool...they had lots more, $2 a box, if anyone's interested...

And the razors:
proxy.php

a travel Tech, couple of super speeds, and a Gem SE I grabbed because I liked the handle
proxy.php

The body Shop stuff thanks to my lovely wife and '74 superspeed thanks to fellow member castlebar.

The second pic is a some new stuff I ordered. I'm contemplating PIFing this stuff to get reviews from others. The creams I like, but the aftershaves...well....I'm not too sure what to think of them.

OK I know but I just had to show it off one more time. So here it is the end of 2008. This is my last score of the year. I wonder what's in store for 2009?

This is a beautiful complete, NOS, never used, near mint 1958 Gold Flair Rocket "Presentation Set". Can you believe this thing....:biggrin:

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Happy New Years Folks!!!!!

I don't normally find myself attracted to antique razors but that one is strangely alluring. Great score! Good luck with RAD in 2009! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom