What's new

A mere $995 for a Gillette 195

this old chessnut!

i have no idea whats going on, he constanly re-lists it as its a crazy price.. with all the ebay fees for the thousands of re-listings its a wonder he doesnt drop the price

It only costs 35 cents for a 30 day fixed price listing, and then he gets the added exposure here with twice weekly threads about the crazy price. Probably discussed on other sites on a regular basis as well. :tongue_sm

It also "Make Offer" So he might be waiting for someone to offer him at least $500.
I've seen mint Toggles with all the fixings go for over $400 and they aren't as rare as a bottom dial 195

he wants to much I know it's a rare but really that's way to much to try to sell it for even in that of a fine condition

It would be sold in a day if he placed for $500... or $600 even! Problem is, one razor like it was sold for $900+ about a year and half ago, and the guy just can't let it go :001_rolle
It probaly needs to be in the 600-700 range, just my two cents...

It would be sold in a day if he placed for $500... or $600 even! Problem is, one razor like it was sold for $900+ about a year and half ago, and the guy just can't let it go :001_rolle
It probaly needs to be in the 600-700 range, just my two cents...

I think you're right on. If you had it would you put a bin price of $649.99 on it?

Len

this old chessnut!

i have no idea whats going on, he constanly re-lists it as its a crazy price.. with all the ebay fees for the thousands of re-listings its a wonder he doesnt drop the price

+1! We've seen this guy's same razor come up in a new thread here about every 2-3 weeks for over a year now!

It also "Make Offer" So he might be waiting for someone to offer him at least $500.
I've seen mint Toggles with all the fixings go for over $400 and they aren't as rare as a bottom dial 195

Bingo. Some of my BIN offers I've had accepted were less than half the asking price (surprised me too). But this razor I think in this and other threads, has been established to be worth at least $500-$600, maybe more. It's ultra rare, so essentially it's worth whatever someone will pay. If it's worth 6, maybe someone will pay 9?

Hey, if Donald Trump were a razor collector.... well, I hope he'd shave his head :laugh:, but you get my meaning. He'd be able to buy it without batting an eye. Of course, he'd probably score it for $500. With the owner taking payments of $50 per month, which he'd recoup by leasing it to a museum for $75/month for one year... :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom