What's new

Favorite or best adjustable

(Now posting to the correct thread . . . )

I've resisted Razor Acquisition Disorder for a long time. Reading this thread seduced me:

. . . I just ordered a Pearl Flexi closed-comb.

This is a very dangerous forum to frequent . . . .<G>

. Charles
Now I understand why you had the above post in the Razorock Adjust thread. No worries.

So I got the Yaqi Ultima the Tatara Muramasa and the HLS Taiga.

I’ve found that adjusting the blade exposure vs the blade gap makes a far bigger difference in the shave feel and the ability to dial the aggression up or down.

That being said, I’m a newbie on this site in terms of postings. Where do I go to BST? I have some razors I’ll be letting go. Thanks!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
So I got the Yaqi Ultima the Tatara Muramasa and the HLS Taiga.

I’ve found that adjusting the blade exposure vs the blade gap makes a far bigger difference in the shave feel and the ability to dial the aggression up or down.

That being said, I’m a newbie on this site in terms of postings. Where do I go to BST? I have some razors I’ll be letting go. Thanks!
You will have to post some more to post in the sales forum, not sure how many postings but here is your chance to post some more...! ;)

Which of the three will you keep in the end?

You will have to post some more to post in the sales forum, not sure how many postings but here is your chance to post some more...! ;)

Which of the three will you keep in the end?
Definitely going to keep the Tatara. The Yaqi and Taiga and a bunch of other razors I have will eventually end up on BST. Just have to get my posting count up. I’ve enjoyed buying razors over the past few years and once in awhile I’ll do a large purge and thin the herd. They are all high quality great razors and I have quite a few others in the collection as well I’ve had before this. Just trying to minimize a bit

Definitely going to keep the Tatara. The Yaqi and Taiga and a bunch of other razors I have will eventually end up on BST. Just have to get my posting count up.

To get your post count up by one, how about telling us what you like more about the Tatara and any comparisons to the others? :)

The Vanderhagen adjustable, so far. At 6 it’s pretty close to a shavette. I like using it. Cut myself when first started around the jaw and chin. But I learned how to adjust. Just got to be careful when using and can’t rush. Normally used for a week the switch to the FaTip Piccolo.
Didn't realize they had an adjustable. Just looked at it and it appears to be one of the Merkur Futur clones. If you look up posts from users of the Merkur Futur and its clones you may be able to find good advice on how to improve your shaves with this razor. Enjoy the journey!

Anyone try the new Yaqi slant adjustable? I read the blade gap is .50 at the lowest setting. I wonder what the blade exposure is.

I have to update my post about favorite adjustable.

I wrote Muramasa is best for me, now after week with Muramasa Ti I used Taiga Ti for week and can't say which is better. Actually I got closer shave with Taiga on higher settings.. :thumbup:

I would have difficulties to choose only one.. (and waiting for relase of Osprey in Ti to have Ti adjustable trinity)

Last edited:
I've tried quite a few modern and vintage adjustable razors and while some of them are indeed quite good, my favorite 3 piece razors are way ahead of the curve so to speak and after my last 3 adjustables - the HLS Taiga, the Osprey and the Rocnel Hybrid I came to the conclusion that I will never buy another adjustable razor no matter who makes, how innovative it is or how it looks.

I've also recently wrote an email to Murat (the owner of Rocnel), because I've noticed that the blade exposure has a very slight misalignment and the issue comes from the top cap. It's unacceptable for a modern high end razor to have such issues and I find the Rocnel my least favorite modern adjustable razor with the Taiga being the best and the Osprey being in the middle, but I only enjoy it on setting 9 and I find it a bit clunky, so there's that too.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello @Major Overkill To answer your question...

The Blackland Osprey Adjustable
proxy.php
proxy.php
IMG_5911.JPG

proxy.php

I no longer use a DE daily, but when I do, 90% of time I reach for Parker Variant. This was the 2nd DE razor I bought, out of over a dozen, and the one I love the most. I find it’s at its best when coupled with a fairly sharp (but not too aggressive) blade like Astra SP.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Has anyone who has used one ever spoken ill of the Rex Konsul or has anyone seen one at a discounted, even if meager, resale?

Has anyone who has used one ever spoken ill of the Rex Konsul or has anyone seen one at a discounted, even if meager, resale?
I actually managed to pick my konsul up 2nd hand. They pop up every so often. I believe razor emorium also offers a large discount on Black Friday.
Honestly though, I'm looking to get rid of it. I wanted to try the konsul because I heard it was more mild than the ambassador, but it still doesn't quite work for me. It's a great razor, just too much blade exposure for me. For reference, my favorites right now are the Rockwell T2 and the HLS Taiga, both of which can be dialed way down. I get the feeling I will really enjoy the Osprey though from what I hear, and I'm looking to pick it up once I move a few other things.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I actually managed to pick my konsul up 2nd hand. They pop up every so often. I believe razor emorium also offers a large discount on Black Friday.
Honestly though, I'm looking to get rid of it. I wanted to try the konsul because I heard it was more mild than the ambassador, but it still doesn't quite work for me. It's a great razor, just too much blade exposure for me. For reference, my favorites right now are the Rockwell T2 and the HLS Taiga, both of which can be dialed way down. I get the feeling I will really enjoy the Osprey though from what I hear, and I'm looking to pick it up once I move a few other things.
Thanks. I shall try to stop thinking of getting one.

Top Bottom