What's new

A Few in G10

Here are some in G10 that I've recently finished up.

1) George Wostenholm Doubly Carbonized Frameback -

Kept the restoration of the blade minimal. I couldn't capture in the photos, but the blade says "Damascus Steel" and is swirled completely like you'd see on the tang of a DD Wonderedge.

Scales are Olive Green G10 with a Blue G10 lined recon stone wedge. Pinning was done with Ni/Ag rod with stacked stainless and brass washers. One of the best framebacks I've shaved with.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

2) Puma Gold 77 -

Removed most of the spotty Gold wash on the tang and only left what was on the blade face. Blade was in overall very good condition when it came to me and I didn't get too aggressive at all on the buffers.

Scales are yellow G10 with a black G10 wedge spacer. Pinning on the pivot and wedge done with Ni/Ag rod and stacked stainless and brass washers. Third pin was just pinned with Ni/Ag rod and a brass washer. Inlay and 3rd pin spacer are from original scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

3) Edv. Neistrom No 57 Eskilstuna Full Hollow -

Blade didn't need any work at all save a good polishing. I've only ever seen this model from Neistrom, but I will say they are excellent shavers.

Scales are Royal Blue G10 with an aluminum lined orange G10 spacer. Pinning on the pivot and wedge done with Ni/Ag rod and stacked stainless and brass washers. Third pin was just pinned with Ni/Ag rod and a brass washer. 3rd pin spacer is just a brass tube I found at the local hardware store cut to size.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great work Joe - I love the job you did on that Puma! How did you extract, transfer and affix the Puma inlay? Acetone / epoxy?

Very nice; you do some outstanding work Joe.

Very cool - love the Puma. Good idea using brass tube for the 3rd pin spacer.

Thanks guys!

Great work Joe - I love the job you did on that Puma! How did you extract, transfer and affix the Puma inlay? Acetone / epoxy?

Exactly. Loosen it in acetone (I usually soak the entire scales until I can carefully pry it loose). Then affixed with epoxy and once dry you carefully scrap as much of the dried glue that seeped with a toothpick and buff.

The Puma was easy. The Otto Deutsch Hans and Satinwedge I've done in the past were a PITA.

Top Bottom