What's new

A couple of cleaned up blades

Went out yesterday doing some hunting in the wild and picked up a couple of nice blades.

First is a Royal Keen Kutter, Simmons hardware No 419.

Before

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Next is a Geo Wostenholm Original Pipe Razor. I had all intentions on keeping the scales but they ended up being pretty fragile and broke on me.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The blades all cleaned up.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I tried my hand at making some scales; Y'all can have that work. It's not for me.

These will be going out to Brian (Milemarker60) for scale work .

The G.W. has no country of origin stamped on it (I know it's Sheffield) does this indicate what period it dates from?

The G.W. has no country of origin stamped on it (I know it's Sheffield) does this indicate what period it dates from?

All those pipe razors have the stamping on the reverse of the tang and in my experience the stamping is really, really shallow. If you don't see remnants of it, likely it is gone. It is so shallow that if you hit it with 600 greaseless even, you can almost removed it all.

I would say likely 1870-1910 or so without a stamp to say for sure.

There is a stamp on the back, it reads: "George Wostenholm & Son Sole Manufacturers Of The Original (pipe symbol) Razor"

Nicely done. Making scales from scratch can be frustrating at times, but its very satisfying when they come out right.

Top Bottom