What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

Box arrived today.. I'm going through it now.

$00000IMG_00000_BURST20170127143741_COVER.jpg

The Request for the numbers in the box.

# rubbed off. Looks like 758?

I have sniffed my way through the entire line up.

These are the only soaps that i will try. The rest i really don't care for.

The Dr. John sample is nice. I did take that sample.

The Razor i will use for the tests on these 4 soaps

C.V. Heljestrand MK #31.

I touch up the edge before each shave on the same Jnat to be fair.

Strop i use is the Kanayama 70k

Brush. I will use Razorock Plissoft.

I will use a bowl for lathering shots, but normally I face lather.

My prep is the same everyday so no changes there. Hot washcloth, thats it.

Maybe worth mentioning that i am on Well Water.

First up tonight was 790. I really like this one. Scent i get from this is a Musky Citrus thing.. Sorry if my descriptions suck. Slickness is excellent and post shave feels very good. Not dry at all. I like my lather really wet, helps that straight edge glide. I had zero irritation and a 2 pass BBS. This soap performs right up there with my top 5. A serious contender for my grab. I probably spooned out enough for 3 shaves but I wanted to make sure i had enough. Like a said i face lather normally. Anyway, off to a really good start with this first one. Here's a lather shot for what its worth.

Tomorrows test will be 721.

Yesterday I decided to give 790 one more go. I spent a bit more time with lathering and produced a very rich and slick lather. No surprise i had an Awesome shave again with this soap. Performance was outstanding. I really like this one. I will add that I have never tried this maker before but have wanted to.

A shot of Saturdays lather.

Today i decided on 779. I have seen the name around but never got around to trying them unfortunately .
A nicely crafted scent from this one. Usually not my favorite as others tend to be a bit Flowery for my tastes.

Scent on this isn't overpowering. Sweet but not overwhelming. Id give it around 5/10 to 6/10 on the scent strength.
A thirsty soap for sure. I started with a dime size dollop in the bowl smashed flat to the bottom and whipped up a creamy lather in no time.

Felt very nice when applying and performance is on par with other soaps i have in this price point. Good slickness but not as good as 790. Post shave is ok. Not drying but just ok. Zero irritation and another 2 pass BBS from the MK 31. A very nice soap indeed, but for me it would not make my top 10.

Lather shot

Tomorrow i plan on 754. This soap also has 690 written on it. Very nice scent and i hope to produce some slick lather from it.

And for the guys that lathered straight onto the pucks of some of these, Shame on you. You could have at least rinsed them off and dried them. I see brush hair on one of them and others look wrecked. Not to be an an *** or anything but common courtesy should be used. Scoop some out and use a Bowl. My two scents on the matter.

Yesterday I decided to give 790 one more go. I spent a bit more time with lathering and produced a very rich and slick lather. No surprise i had an Awesome shave again with this soap. Performance was outstanding. I really like this one. I will add that I have never tried this maker before but have wanted to.

A shot of Saturdays lather.

Today i decided on 779. I have seen the name around but never got around to trying them unfortunately .
A nicely crafted scent from this one. Usually not my favorite as others tend to be a bit Flowery for my tastes.

Scent on this isn't overpowering. Sweet but not overwhelming. Id give it around 5/10 to 6/10 on the scent strength.
A thirsty soap for sure. I started with a dime size dollop in the bowl smashed flat to the bottom and whipped up a creamy lather in no time.

Felt very nice when applying and performance is on par with other soaps i have in this price point. Good slickness but not as good as 790. Post shave is ok. Not drying but just ok. Zero irritation and another 2 pass BBS from the MK 31. A very nice soap indeed, but for me it would not make my top 10.

Lather shot

Tomorrow i plan on 754. This soap also has 690 written on it. Very nice scent and i hope to produce some slick lather from it.

And for the guys that lathered straight onto the pucks of some of these, Shame on you. You could have at least rinsed them off and dried them. I see brush hair on one of them and others look wrecked. Not to be an an *** or anything but common courtesy should be used. Scoop some out and use a Bowl. My two scents on the matter.

That is the preferred method of sampling. We should not be lathing off the puck on these gentleman - don't think of these as samples but as trades.

Nice reviews !

I went with 754 or 690 not sure which number belongs to this one.

I love the scent on this one. Very pleasing citrus. Just wish it was a bit stronger. 4/10 id give it on the scent strength.

Dime size dollop into the bowl and got a rich creamy lather. Feels really good when applying. I've had reactions to these type of scents in the past but nothing from this one. Performance is what i would expect from this maker.
I have some of these in other scents and they are nice too. I probably would not have this one in my rotation.
Nothing wrong with it but just not as slick as i like. Although i have to say again the scent is Awesome.
Two pass shave like normal with just a touch of irritation on my neck.

Tomorrow is what i hope to be another great sample. #721

Lather shot from today's shave.

Tonight's final sample from the Box. #721

Really nice soap. Pleasing scent. I get floral from it and some woodsy thing.
Very light scent to me. id day 3/10 maybe 4 /10 on the scent meter.

Performance is outstanding. Very good slickness with a nice post feel. Lather came up in the bowl quickly.

This would make my top 10 for sure. I am now finished with the box and will pm David about my give and take.
I will post my take when approved.

Next guy in line pm your address please.

Lather shot from 721

Current list I think.

0. dfoulk
1. Ashcampbell - complete
2. sskim3 - complete
3. Rockclimber - complete
4. oteixeira - complete
5. Kaidoh - complete
6. NickMach007 - complete
7. Nyquistrate - complete
8. InNae - complete
9. Hanover - In Possesion
10. bobmsp
11. FreshVintage
12. Blaidth
13. dangerousdon
14. back to dfoulk for cleanup

Tonight's final sample from the Box. #721

Really nice soap. Pleasing scent. I get floral from it and some woodsy thing.
Very light scent to me. id day 3/10 maybe 4 /10 on the scent meter.

Performance is outstanding. Very good slickness with a nice post feel. Lather came up in the bowl quickly.

This would make my top 10 for sure. I am now finished with the box and will pm David about my give and take.
I will post my take when approved.

Next guy in line pm your address please.

Lather shot from 721

Bern enjoying the photos and reviews. Looking forward to seeing your takes.

Ok fellas, Here's my Take from the Box. #790 was my first sample and it set the bar so high nothing really came close to the all around stellar performance on this one. I have been wanting to try this one and was really happy when i opened the box and saw it. Pannacrema has got this right.

Hope my offerings to the box are enjoyed.

I shipped the box just now. @bobmsp Its on the way!

Tracking#

Top Bottom