What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

Picked up the box this am from the post office. Probably won't be able to break into it until tomorrow due to work and other obligations.
I'll post up when i do.

Well- I was able to get into the box and take a quick peak... lot's of decisions to make!
I'll post some reviews when I get a few going.

Ok- so a few thoughts on some of the items so far:

131- I was a little disappointed in my lathering technique, but excellent shave. No irritation- scent is a little strong but not off putting. Great stuff. A little drying effect, but aftershave helped with that.

132- Better on my lather with this one. Excellent shave again, no irritation. Wonderful scent. loved this one a lot.

125- Test lather only, no shave. Did well with lathering Felt a bit cooling on face, great scent. Need to visit again in the future. wife liked smell as well.

129- Test Lather only, no shave. Awesome lather on this one. very nice soap. Nice scent as well. Wife really liked it, she made like she was going to lick it off my face she liked it so much.(is there an aftershave in this scent? :001_302:)

143- Test lather only- Super cooling effect, must have menthol in the formulation. Lather was good, scent nice- except I'm not big on menthol in my soaps.

791- Love this fresh scent. Lather was great. Shave nice and slick. However I did get a little irritation from soap, might not agree with my skin. But a darn fine soap.

129- Test Lather only, no shave. Awesome lather on this one. very nice soap. Nice scent as well. Wife really liked it, she made like she was going to lick it off my face she liked it so much.(is there an aftershave in this scent? :001_302:)

Enjoyed reading your thoughts.

You and your wife will be happy to know that the vendor does make a matching aftershave as well as a cologne. The aftershaves and colognes are strongly scented and last well throughout the day. The aftershave scent lingers well into the afternoon and the cologne I have from them I still smell when I get home from work ten hours after putting it on.

131- I was a little disappointed in my lathering technique, but excellent shave. No irritation- scent is a little strong but not off putting. Great stuff. A little drying effect, but aftershave helped with that.

132- Better on my lather with this one. Excellent shave again, no irritation. Wonderful scent. loved this one a lot.

125- Test lather only, no shave. Did well with lathering Felt a bit cooling on face, great scent. Need to visit again in the future. wife liked smell as well.

143- Test lather only- Super cooling effect, must have menthol in the formulation. Lather was good, scent nice- except I'm not big on menthol in my soaps.

791- Love this fresh scent. Lather was great. Shave nice and slick. However I did get a little irritation from soap, might not agree with my skin. But a darn fine soap.

Great thoughts on the soaps!

Here are a few more thoughts to keep you guys up to date:

732- Scent was good enough to eat. However there must be menthol in this soap- yep says so on cover. It was supercooling on skin. I was unable to shve with it due to that, but lather was nice and slick.

770- Scent was okay. Barbershop type scent but not anything special. Lather was good, nice shave with no irritation, lather a little weak for 3rd pass.

754- Test Lather- Scent smelled different on than in the tub. Had a little extra spice to it once lathered. Lather was great, but scent not for me.

779- Test Lather- Scent was a little too much for me, maybe too perfumey(?) Lather was excellent.

797- This scent was great, loved it. Lather was good, shave was ok- again a little weak on 3rd pass.

BTW the spoons are working out great!!

Some more reviews-

731- This scent was not for me, but had to do a test lather as I have heard good things about this company. Lather was very easy and nice.

773- This is a very soft soap, almost more of a cream than a croap. Test lather was good. Another company that has interesting items, but scent wasn't for me on this one.

761- Lather was super easy, nice and slick. Scent is just right not too pungent. Good shave.

Dr Jon's Cream- Had a little trouble lathering at first. Scent is nice, fresh. Once lathered nice a slick.

Dr Jon's Sample- Disappointed on lather- probably should have used more product. Scent is a fruity scent.Shave was flawless with no irritation.

730- Lather was great, easy to lather. Scent was ok- floral(?) Shave was only ok- this irritated my face really bad, I couldn't even finish my shave. Ended up with a hybrid pass. Hopefully it was just this formula that is irritating because lather was good otherwise.

I'll be packing up the box tonight and sending on to Don tomorrow. This was an awesome experience! Let's keep it going.

Thanks to Dr. Jon's for samples and Dfoulk for organizing. :a14::a50::toast:

The box is away-
Did anyone guess my take?

Here it is:
full

This is a really nice soap- very good lather and the sandalwood scent is the correct type of sandalwood. This is the first soap that I have from this vendor. I really enjoyed using it.

There's never really a shortage of interesting items in the box to try and there are always some excellent soaps in there. Even for me, I usually find something new that I haven't tried before.

@Balidth - In case you didn't know, AOS is not the maker of that soap, and no longer carries that version (although it can still be found on the web fairly easily I'm told). That soap is made by Valobra (their hard soap, not soft).

Top Bottom