What's new

2014 B&B COLLEGE FOOTBALL thread.

So, what is everyones feeling on the committees final?

Picking only 4 teams for the CFP was tough because there are some good teams. I think eventually that it will go to 8 teams. I am just happy that my school is in. It should be fun and exciting. GO NOLES !!!!!!!

WARHAWK

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I think that they should have a 64 team playoff, to maximize the benefit to all the sports management majors, and beer advertisers ..

Picking only 4 teams for the CFP was tough because there are some good teams. I think eventually that it will go to 8 teams.
I agree, it needs to be 8 teams. The 5 champions of the P5 conferences should get an automatic bid and use the other 3 as at large picks.

Utah win their bowl game 45-10.
$IMG_20141220_144205.jpg$IMG_20141220_144135.jpg

Hi Steve: Congrats on the Utah win, my friend.

Well... the only thing that happened good today was my Game Day SOTD. My Noles got destroyed by Oregon. It was a fun ride with winning a National Championship last year & having a 29 game winning streak. A big congrats to the Oregon Ducks!!! If you are a Oregon fan.... I congratulate you.

WARHAWK

It's 11:30, here, at Dools house, but, LOTS of Screamin' and "Yes!" goin' on........

Whatever the outcome.........Feelin' good.....:thumbup1:

Congratulations to all my fellow Ohio State fans here on B&B.Your team won a hard fought victory against my Tide. Good Luck on the 12th.

Congratulations to all my fellow Ohio State fans here on B&B.Your team won a hard fought victory against my Tide. Good Luck on the 12th.

Thanks, I grew up in Ohio and have been rooting for the Buckeyes forever. It's been nice having at least one good team every year as there have been years I felt the OSU team could have even beaten the Browns. Alabama has a great team, loaded with talent. They recruit exceptionally well, and are very well coached. They have an outstanding football program so winning that game was quite an accomplishment.

The player that stood out for me on the Alabama team last night was their punter. It's bad when the punter stands out above other players but for me every time he kicked the ball I'm nervous thinking here we go again. He completely destroyed our field position for the entire second half. That guy did a spectacular job and had a definite impact on the game.

Another congrats to the Buckeyes. My family hails from Ohio, so it's not complete agony right now! All jokes aside, I was impressed this year with UM being able to do so much even having the QB issues OSU had. I can't think of another instance of a team losing two starting QBs and still accomplishing so much. I'm proud of Bama's efforts, too, but in the end, OSU was too well coached, too well prepared and had the motivation to win the game. Hope you guys get the title this year and hope to see you in a rematch next year!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I was born in Ohio, went to college and grad school there, then Uncle Henry moved me up to the Great Mitten. So pretty much Big 10 by definition. Great game by Michigan State to get the Big 12 out of the discussion, Wisconsin whupped an SEC favorite, then Ahia State beat down the Tide handily. Wonder what the SEC fanboys are feeling today, the pontificating heads at ESPN in particular ..

Funny, usually on January 2nd you see the recaps by conference, like SEC 1 for 6 or something, this year seems that aspect has gone as quiet as Brent Mushberg.

Tongue in cheek, but have we seen the end of the SEC? I knew a guy who was a competitor, when we had them on the run. His saying was "the sun doesn't always shine on the same monkey's azz" .

I was born in Ohio, went to college and grad school there, then Uncle Henry moved me up to the Great Mitten. So pretty much Big 10 by definition. Great game by Michigan State to get the Big 12 out of the discussion, Wisconsin whupped an SEC favorite, then Ahia State beat down the Tide handily. Wonder what the SEC fanboys are feeling today, the pontificating heads at ESPN in particular ..

Funny, usually on January 2nd you see the recaps by conference, like SEC 1 for 6 or something, this year seems that aspect has gone as quiet as Brent Mushberg.

Tongue in cheek, but have we seen the end of the SEC? I knew a guy who was a competitor, when we had them on the run. His saying was "the sun doesn't always shine on the same monkey's azz" .

I doubt very much if the SEC is down for the count...and I'm a Big Ten guy.

As a Sooner fan, I'm excited to see if Harbaugh gets Michigan back to prominence next year. There isn't much to look at around here, that's for damned sure.

As a Sooner fan, I'm excited to see if Harbaugh gets Michigan back to prominence next year. There isn't much to look at around here, that's for damned sure.
I think Michigan hit one out of the park. I think he'll do well there considering how good of a job he did at Stanford. BTW, I'd love to see Michigan permanently go to the throwback jerseys they used a few years ago, the ones with the big M on the chest and the small numbers on the shoulder.

Top Bottom