What's new

2013 - Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Gentlemanly Insanity

Having successfully finished the 2013 Sabbatical, I placed my 'restock' order at WCS today:

Captain's Choice Lime AS
Czech & Speake No. 88 soap
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge soap
D.R. Harris Marlborough soap
D.R. Harris Lavender soap
D.R. Harris Arlington AS splash
Haslinger Sandalwood soap
Tabac soap/bowl

Should get me through 2014, even though I'm operating in a Shenanigan-free zone this year.

^ that is an amazing looking order.

Ha!

Even though I'm not Shenaniganzerizing this year, this'll probably be my only order. I had a hankering to try the C&S soaps, and had always planned to stock the Marlborough and Lavender Harris soaps. I've got a two and a partial bottles of Old Spice Lime AS, and have been looking for something going forward and am hoping the Captain's Choice works for me. Read a bunch of good stuff on the Haslingers, and I cracked open my last Tabac stick in the past week or two.

Easy-peasy, and it makes complete sense, right? :laugh:

Likely my last post in this thread as the 2014 Sabbatical thread is off and running.

Again, thanks for EVERYONE who participated in any way, shape or fashion.

I made the Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches yesterday, but no one showed up. I fed them to the kids and myself and had a feast.

Take care everyone,

$IMG_9088 (Large).jpg

Very nice! I don't know what any of it is other than the straight, and I don't even know what kind that is. But, still looks nice!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Very nice! I don't know what any of it is other than the straight, and I don't even know what kind that is. But, still looks nice!
John Barber big ol' blade, a JNat with a mejiro and (small) tomo nagura. IE. just magic stones for making voodoo, fires, and sharpening things.

The 2013 Sabbatical MUST have worked as I was given a gift certificate at WCS for Christmas by my son and still have NOT used it :huh:

Today I received a D.R. Harris Marlborough Shave stick from my other son in NYC (he is a De wet shaver) that he picked at Pasteur's:biggrin1:

That said, I notice I'm "reading" the soap and cream threads every day so a matter of time!!

Gene

The 2013 Sabbatical MUST have worked as I was given a gift certificate at WCS for Christmas by my son and still have NOT used it :huh:

Today I received a D.R. Harris Marlborough Shave stick from my other son in NYC (he is a De wet shaver) that he picked at Pasteur's:biggrin1:

That said, I notice I'm "reading" the soap and cream threads every day so a matter of time!!

Gene

I actually had trouble deciding what to use my gift cert on as well, and I only had a 7 day window to figure it out. lol In the end, Vie Long brush. :)

Top Bottom