What's new

2013-2014 BPL Football season thread

I think you're dreaming if you think Moyes can get you to fifth.

Unfortunately I think you are right. The players just don't seem to be buying into Mr. Moyes philosophy....Unless his philosophy is to lose in which case they are buying into that whole heartedly

Unfortunately I think you are right. The players just don't seem to be buying into Mr. Moyes philosophy....Unless his philosophy is to lose in which case they are buying into that whole heartedly

He's a mid table boss. He did fine in Everton, but he's not fit to lead a team expected to be near the top of the table. He manages not to lose rather than going for the win.

I must say that while I'm not ecstatic about this years results, I'm excited for Everton's future under Bobby.

I am glad I found this thread. I am a Man Utd fan(not a happy one this year). I agree with the gentleman earlier whom said "anyone but Chelsea". I also agree with liverpool being exciting to watch as is Arsenal(sometimes). Hopefully the Red Devils can get into that 5th spot as I think the 4th spot in the table is just too difficult to attain.

2 huge fitures this Sunday...Who does everyone think will win
I say Liverpool will beat ManUtd 3-2 and Arsenal will get a clean sheet vs Tottenham 2-0. Thoughts?

Of course I like Liverpool over Man U. It's the early fixture on Sunday, so I will enjoy the first 1/2 before church.

My prediction Liverpool 3, United 1. Suarez with a brace and Jordan Henderson.

Non-BPL question, sorry gentlemen.

Question: do we have enough football fans to start an European thread? As in for Europa League and of course, Champion League?

I am also a Man U supporter here in the states. I think it that after the year they had last year it was inevitable that they would come back to earth. I think Fergie knew that as well. This team is still assembled based on Fergie's coaching style and all the players knew what he expected from them. It will take time for Moyes to assemble his team. I just hope the club and the fans are going to be patient.

Hull City at home, with a man advantage after Vincent Kompany is sent off in the 10th minute, fail to score and give up two goals to Manchester City. If I'm Steve Bruce I'm destroying the boot room after the game. Seriously Hull, up a man for 80 minutes, and you can't find the back of the net?

A great weekend for Liverpool fans. LFC earn maximum points at Old Trafford with the Captain converting 2/3 of his penalties and Luis Suarez sealing the results with a goal of his own. Chelsea dropped all points at Villa Park with the Special One sent off as icing on the cake.

Arsenal and Everton fans rejoice as victors of 1-0 matches. Arsenal fans especially enjoyed Sunday's contest as the Gunners held on for 80 minutes against their bitter rivals at White Hart Lane. Spurs had chances, but failed to put the ball in the back of the net.

Liverpool are 4 back of league leading Chelsea with a game in hand. Chelsea play host to Arsenal in the early game on Saturday followed by Liverpool at bottom feeding Cardiff City afterwards.

Tuesday fixtures include the Manchester derby, Arsenal hosting Swansea, and Everton traveling to St. James Park to play Newcastle United. Wednesday Liverpool host Sunderland.

Will the Reds leap to the top of the table on Saturday? A result at home against Sunderland and some help from the Gunners on Saturday and it will be RED delight.

YNWA

Last edited:
As my Red Devils plummet down the ladder all I can hope for is that someone passes Chelsea at the top. I think it will happen though. Should be great run until the end of the season

Big Will, you're a little off, mate.

Everton won 2-1 & you're a week ahead on the fixtures. There are no Tuesday fixtures this week.

A historic day for Arsenal for all the wrong reasons. A 6-0 whitewash at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea matches Arsene Wenger's worst defeat as manager of the Gunners. I stopped watching at 4-0. Not for the faint of heart for Arsenal supporters.

More pleasant news (at least for me), the Merseyside teams won today. Liverpool, in their usual fashion, out scored Cardiff City 6-3, in a game which defense was optional for both squads. Everton claimed a 3-2 victory against Swansea at Goodison Park to keep the Toffee's within 5 points of Arsenal for the last entry into the Champions League, with a game in hand.

It doesn't get any easier for the Gunners with a match at City next Saturday.

Here's to Crystal Palace claiming 3 very unlikely points from Chelsea this upcoming week. Liverpool plays host to Sunderland on Wednesday and Tottenham next Sunday. Liverpool v Tottenham should be a cracking game with little defense played by either side.

Oh, and the Manchester derby is Tuesday night football.

YNWA

Tragic outing at Stamford bridge for my guys. I am really bewildered why Arsene set up without Flamini in front of the back 4. Why try for an all out attack setup against Chelsea. Did the same in the Liverpool match and got slaughtered then :mellow:
I think the FA cup is it for Arsenal this year and hope for some decent buys in the Summer. A new Diaby and a decent striker would be a start :biggrin1:

What a result for my boys Everton. Barkley & Deulofeu looked great all match. And the old man Osman even got in on the scoring.

Johnny Stones showed how big his set is by playing through a tough knock hat required ten stitches.

Everton are only 6 pts out of a champions league spot with a game in hand.

The Manchester derby did not live up to the hype. City ran rampant on United at Old Trafford. With two games in hand and a favorable schedule, minus that trip to Anfield, City must be consider not only a contender, but the favorite to win the title.

Over on the Merseyside, Liverpool continued its winning ways to keep up with Manchester City and Chelsea. A less than convincing 2-1 win at home against Sunderland provided the Reds 3 valuable points.

Everton traveled to St. James Park to take on Newcastle United and won 3-0. See our resident Toffees supporter, EsDad, write up on the match.

Arsenal continues to slide earning only 1 point at home to Swansea City. Arsene is pushing all his chips into winning the FA Cup against remaining three opponents. This back sliding squad is looking eerily like their North London rivals, Tottenham. Compounding the Gunner's woes, Manchester City comes calling to the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

Other weekend fixtures include Everton going to Craven Cottage to face an almost relegated Fulham FC. Liverpool hosts Tottenham and Manchester United is at Old Trafford to play Aston Villa.

Outstanding header for a goal by John Terry. Problem is, that's the wrong end of the pitch. :laugh: Crystal Palace 1 - Chelsea 0.

$johnterryscoresowngoal20140329_640x360.jpg

Liverpool tops the Premier League table!!

A 4-0 destruction of Tottenham, combined with the Chelsea loss and the Manchester City draw against Arsenal, see Liverpool to the top of the Premier League with 6 games to go. With opportunity holding the door open, the Reds emphatically strode through, with 59% of the possession and 5 shots on target. April 13 and April 27 become the biggest fixtures on the schedule. Six points at Anfield against Manchester City (4/13) and Chelsea (4/27) essentially brings the Premier League title back to Liverpool.

Manchester United finally played like Manchester United, with 4-1 win over Aston Villa. Wayne Rooney doing Wayne Rooney kinds of things. It's too late for this season, but is this a taste of what is to come in the 2014-2015 season?

Just as important to Liverpool as Chelsea's first own goal of the season, was the comeback of Arsenal against Manchester City at the Emirates to share points. On Saturday afternoon, after David Silva opened the scoring 18 minutes into the match, Arsenal could have folded up shop. Instead, Arsenal continued to press City and in the 53 minute, the Gunner's hard work was rewarded with the equalizer.

For EsDad, Everton won a casual (though frenetic) 3-1 victory at, soon to be relegated, Fulham FC. Everton has a game in hand and the match of next weekend, with Arsenal visit Goodison Park on Saturday. Three of the 4 points separating Everton and Arsenal for the last Champions League spot can be gain by the Toffees on Saturday.

Seeing this will never get old.

$Bj_ZYilCcAAN-Oa.jpg

YNWA

Top Bottom