What's new

2010 FIFA World Cup

Why do you assume I view each World Cup according to how well England do? If I did that then nearly every World Cup would be a disappointment.

Speaking of English disappointments...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6In042G40&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Very, very well said. I agree.

I realize it is a complete change in the game at this point, but I really think soccer needs to get its house in order when it comes to fouls, both fake injuries and rather outrageous holds. Seems like every corner kick replay shows players shirts stretched out across the screen because someone is holding onto them. Makes it hard to score. I realize getting away with that stuff is part of the modern game, whether at the professional or youth level, but it is pretty obnoxious.

For that matter, it is the World Cup. They could put as many officials on the pitch, or more likely sideline, as they had to in order to see what all they should be seeing.

I'm not a fan of the flopping and the theatrics, but I do understand why it happens. Robben put together a beautiful run to get one on one with Cassilas and despite Puyol's clumsy challenge he stuck with it and came up short. Now if he had fallen down like he'd been shot whenever Puyol got near him there is no doubt that Webb would have blown for a foul and given Puyol a yellow card. However Robben elected to stay on his feet and got the short end of the stick. It just seems that officials are reluctant to call a foul if the player stays on his feet which I think contributes to all this rolling around and theatrics we see today.

A

annyjoseph

It will have great fun to watch FIFI world cup football match. My favorite team is argentina,so I will support argentina.I wish my favourite team will win:thumbup:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom