What's new

🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊 SOTD β€œAnimal Week” April 29th to May 5th, 2024 🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 4th 2024

Razor : Yaqi TFC adjustable, MFG 2021>, any range. Well made but slightly blade forward even on setting #1. I usually get decent shaves with this razor and like to go up in increments as the shave progresses. The razor is based on the French 1930's Gibbs adjustable but uses standard Gillette blades + protected from blade tab overhang. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna Red(2) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity IMO. Great blade.
Soap : Razorock M.F, masculine nice cologne scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" 24mm boss knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock M.F splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi TFC adjustable with a Personna red blade.
SOTD May 4 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
Saturday Morning Shave Salutations

Getting a bit better with the Feather Straight Edge.
If I didn't have a guarded blade it probably would have been bloody.
Did two passes with the Feather and finished with the Wilkinson for the final BBS pass.
What an amazing little brush.
Can't be more than a 18mm or less knot but creates a lather that rivals my 26mm's.
Thank You and a shout out to Frank Shaving for throwing it into my recent order. What a pleasant surprise.

Feather SS Kamisori Razor
Wilkinson Sword Bonded Razor System
Cella Soap Sample
Frank Shaving Two Face Green Brush
Proraso Red Splash On
Bleu de Chanel Aftershave Balm

8C1E7894-AEBE-4600-BCB1-ABE3D465B654-compressed.jpeg
Β 
20240503_085251.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Silver Richwood set
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium
Brush: Paladin Beehive Satin Butterscotch
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Β 
🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊 SOTD May 3rd 2024
🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SV Saturday

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Hot Saturday around here. I chose SV 70th Anniversary for today. Semogue Pegasus Mistura starts to show itself in this fourth shave. Greencult 2.0 plate IV and Gillette Silver Blue (2) made my weekend very happy. I finished with the splendid Aqua Velva Ice Blue.

With us Pee Wee Russell's magical clarinet

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❀️πŸͺ’

B396A033-E5E2-4437-9EBF-AEEFAE72ACCC.jpeg
IMG_6758.jpeg
Β 
Razor: Merkur 33c, RazoRock UFO SS Handle
Blade: Kai stainless steel
Brush: Boti Lava, FS G9 knot
Soap & Splash: Tabac

This was the first DE razor I got and I'm glad I went with the 33c instead of the 34c that is usually recommended. The head is the same, but it's a 3 piece instead of 2. Really like it much better with the RazoRock handle. It's a nice mild razor and the Kai blades make it just a touch more aggressive.
This is the 2nd shave with the G9 and I find it pretty enjoyable. It's a dense knot with more backbone than the other synthetics that I have. Not as soft or as easy to spay as the STF or the MIG. Probably would say it's most like the Oumo ST-1, but with slightly stiffer fibers. Pretty soft with some scrub. Great addition to the collection.
Tabac is always a winner for me and the razor and brush performed great, so overall it was a really nice shave!
1000000860.jpg
Β 
Not animal themed , But ,

Okay , I did a quick basic shave with the bevel razor today since my shoulder is still messsed up ( no complaining though ) , and used one of the shavemac brushes along with Cremo soap..I used a collapsible bowl to whip up the soap. Basic with the grain and across the grain , gave a fine shave , used a cool water wash followed by W.H. and followed by Gillette Cool Wave A.S....

Have a good day to all...
Β 

Sunday SOTD
20240502_095311.jpg

Razor: GEM Junior Bar\Elite Razor Brown Swirl
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Scuttle: Woodhead Medium
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso White
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic
​
Β 

SOTD: 5th May 2024.

50.jpg

​
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic.
Face Lather
Lather: La Barbiera Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP.

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Chinese Gillette super speed clone & the Dorco Prime Platinum blade duo.

Carrying on with the 2nd of the La Barbiera shaving soap, I tried a face lather rubbing the soap directly into my stubble then building the lather on my face which like the Sweet Orange, the classic performed wonderfully. I prefer to face lather with hard soaps ,that's why I like shave sticks so much. The scent of the Classic soap to my nose has a pleasant woody/spice fragrance which will be great for the Autumn & Winter months.

I'll switch to face lathering with a boar brush in my next two shaves to see if I get the same lathering results as I have done with my synthetic brush.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
​
Β 
IMG_3386.JPG

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (setting 6, then 5)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (4th use)
Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: Australian Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Euro Brut

Palmolive stick was my first soap, and I haven't used it for years (it's been discontinued for a while). Not the best performing, but usable and a nice trip down memory lane. Shave was servicable, but the lather lacks some slickness. Some irritation ATG, but I bumped the Slim down a setting and that fixed it.
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1505.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Palmolive Shave Stick.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage London Bridge Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.
Β 
Sun 5
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
I missed this soap set... a lovely creamy slick lather with a lasting nice scent...
This razor provided a satisfyingly smooth and efficient shave...
20240505_132000.jpg
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom