What's new

Timeless Bronze 0.78 OC

I have owned/tried almost all Timeless razor combinations over the years and really wanted to like them, but just couldn't get the shave I wanted from any of them. They all seemed to shave very smooth, but were just not very efficient or effective compared to my other razors. They look awesome and are very high quality razors, but just didn't work well for me....until now.

For reference I have owned .68 SB and OC, .95 SB and OC, Bronze .38, Slim SB and OC and ended up returning or selling all of them. Well, on a whim I decided to buy the Bronze .78 razor during a recent sale. I have always shied away from this one as most everyone claimed it was super aggressive and rough...two characteristics I don't necessarily appreciate in a razor but decided to check it out anyway. The blade and the OC bar look like they stick out about the same so I was a bit nervous about what was going to happen when I put it against my face.

I have shaved with it twice now (not consecutive days) and to my surprise I don't find it harsh or too aggressive. It has some blade feel, but less than the Blackbird (to me anyway) and is the most efficient Timeless I've tried....and could be the most efficient razor I own. I don't think it will be a daily razor, but it's definitely not as scary as I thought it would be. It shaves closer than my R41 (a comparable type razor) and is much smoother feeling. None of the other Timeless razors I've tried have left my skin so silky smooth. It is a heavy razor with positive blade exposure and I did nick a scar on my neck during my first shave, but that was my fault. Second shave was drama free. Is the .78 bronze as smooth as the .68...nope, but it's not as far removed as you might think. This would be my go to razor if I shaved every other day.

Moral of this story is YMMV with razors. I had been avoiding the .78 bronze due to the reviews I've read, but you have to try something before you know how it will work for you. I always wanted to have a Timeless in my den, well this one is staying. I am gong to try my best to keep it clean and shinny.

IMG_9118.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
This YMMV with razors is really irritating. I would never have guessed that you get so nicely along with the .78 OC as I quite fear it. I rather shave with the Blackbird, even the OC, or the Timeless Slim OC without a second thought but with this one I make sure the lather is extra thick! :)

This YMMV with razors is really irritating. I would never have guessed that you get so nicely along with the .78 OC as I quite fear it. I rather shave with the Blackbird, even the OC, or the Timeless Slim OC without a second thought but with this one I make sure the lather is extra thick! :)
It is a crazy thing for sure. The Bird is definitely more forgiving and an easier shave. I’m am actually surprised that I like the .78OC. I don’t particularly like OC razors, but this one shaves well. And I am also going heavy on the shave soap just in case.

Four shaves in and the .78 OC is delivering the goods. I’ve been switching between other razors but have been able to shave a few times now with this beast. It delivers very close shaves and isn’t as rough as the R41. It’s a heavy razor so light pressure is a must. No real negatives to speak of except it won’t be a daily razor. Glad I gave this bad boy a shot.

This is very interesting, gdawg55, because I have noticed we have a similar tastes in razors. On a whim I bought a R41 head, and found that I enjoyed the way it shaved. This lead to the stainless R41 GS which is also a joy. I will also say that I really enjoy my Timeless SS & Ti .95 OC razors.

I had heard the horror stories about the Bronze .78 like the R41 and had to try it. With a degree of respect it can give a wonderfully close shave. I have also bought the Stirling HA which I have found to be along side the Bronze .78 in efficiency but not as smooth.

Using this same approach with brushes I had to try the Shavemac DO1 2band. I had read comments that the backbone was so strong you could use it to jack up your car. Of my 8 Shavemac brushes 3 are DO1 2band fans. Of all my brushes there are none I like better.

All I’m saying is in a lot of cases you just have to try these things for yourself.

This is very interesting, gdawg55, because I have noticed we have a similar tastes in razors. On a whim I bought a R41 head, and found that I enjoyed the way it shaved. This lead to the stainless R41 GS which is also a joy. I will also say that I really enjoy my Timeless SS & Ti .95 OC razors.

I had heard the horror stories about the Bronze .78 like the R41 and had to try it. With a degree of respect it can give a wonderfully close shave. I have also bought the Stirling HA which I have found to be along side the Bronze .78 in efficiency but not as smooth.

Using this same approach with brushes I had to try the Shavemac DO1 2band. I had read comments that the backbone was so strong you could use it to jack up your car. Of my 8 Shavemac brushes 3 are DO1 2band fans. Of all my brushes there are none I like better.

All I’m saying is in a lot of cases you just have to try these things for yourself.
Agree…never known until you try a product whether it will work for you.

I have owned/tried almost all Timeless razor combinations over the years and really wanted to like them, but just couldn't get the shave I wanted from any of them. They all seemed to shave very smooth, but were just not very efficient or effective compared to my other razors. They look awesome and are very high quality razors, but just didn't work well for me....until now.

For reference I have owned .68 SB and OC, .95 SB and OC, Bronze .38, Slim SB and OC and ended up returning or selling all of them. Well, on a whim I decided to buy the Bronze .78 razor during a recent sale. I have always shied away from this one as most everyone claimed it was super aggressive and rough...two characteristics I don't necessarily appreciate in a razor but decided to check it out anyway. The blade and the OC bar look like they stick out about the same so I was a bit nervous about what was going to happen when I put it against my face.

I have shaved with it twice now (not consecutive days) and to my surprise I don't find it harsh or too aggressive. It has some blade feel, but less than the Blackbird (to me anyway) and is the most efficient Timeless I've tried....and could be the most efficient razor I own. I don't think it will be a daily razor, but it's definitely not as scary as I thought it would be. It shaves closer than my R41 (a comparable type razor) and is much smoother feeling. None of the other Timeless razors I've tried have left my skin so silky smooth. It is a heavy razor with positive blade exposure and I did nick a scar on my neck during my first shave, but that was my fault. Second shave was drama free. Is the .78 bronze as smooth as the .68...nope, but it's not as far removed as you might think. This would be my go to razor if I shaved every other day.

Moral of this story is YMMV with razors. I had been avoiding the .78 bronze due to the reviews I've read, but you have to try something before you know how it will work for you. I always wanted to have a Timeless in my den, well this one is staying. I am gong to try my best to keep it clean and shinny.

View attachment 1836138
I just ran into your thread!
I had the bronze in both SB & OC. In my opinion, the OC was the better of the two baseplates. The only issue was that it was impossible to use daily and I need to shave every day. I've got plenty of other aggressive razors but despite being great, it was redundant to own (i.e., Nodachi open comb). And the SB was good but not as efficient as I would have liked.
I don't want to throw the enabling wrench in here but have you tried the aluminum one?
To me it's the elephant in the room when it comes to Timeless razors. Same head design as the bronze but with a little more gap (same blade exposure). I found it to be the perfect middle ground regarding that specific Timeless head design. It's more efficient than the bronze SB. Bought it on a whim and was very surprised. I got it through the Timeless store on Amazon that saves on the shipping because of the Prime membership.
$52 shipped!
A cheap (in our shaving world) experiment that worked!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom