What's new

April 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Day 24, 80% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Nivea Men Shaving Creme
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Used Nivea cream for a change. It got late, so I had an autopilot shave with minimal tidy-up. It probably qualifies as a DFS.

Get well soon, @Texchappy.

Still in - DFS travel shave
FOCS, Personna Platinum (1), Proraso Green, Shavemac Synth, Floid AS

931C5D60-E0B9-40D5-9686-0CF9476067B3.jpeg

Day 25, still going

Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2 Best
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Stirling ARKADIA
Aftershave: Stirling ARKADIA

Took a three day sabbatical from shaving because I’ve been working on clearing some woods. So exhausted that I didn’t feel like shaving. Needed to move up to the #5 plate and it did a fine job.

Make it a great day!

Well darn it I was so close to make it this month, but of course IB had to put on a 24 hour sale and they had items that I have been after for a while and could not resist. Good luck to everyone! Maybe I will have better self control next time.......

I'm Out!

Today's shave, 1 day of growth

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Voshkod (1)
Soap (SOTM) : Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush : Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Osma Alum block, Bootleg Green Freeze, Nivea Sensitive Balm

I will wrap-up the month with Haslinger Schafmilch, looking at all the soap I want to finish this year. I am not sure as to when I will be able to get back to it so decided to give it a spin for a few days before I switch to the next soap in May that will be used until it is no more.

Shave - #24
- Still In -

• Mike's Natural - Orange, Cedarwood, Black Pepper - SOTM, GRUYERE
  • Semogue 2000
  • Muhle R89
  • GSB - (1)
  • Stirling's Glacial Unscented Splash
  • SV 70th - Aftershave Lotion
To date, I have had iffy results when using this blade. Given the amount of its attention recently on the forums I decided to reinsert into rotation. Extraordinarily smooth and close result of this morning's 2-passer. Easily the best performance from this blade yet.

I try to omit past experiences from the brain when using new blades; both good and bad. Instead, I try to hone in on the at-present experience and really take note of the lather richness, quality, and environment. I was tested mightily by those glue dots I tell you...

full

Still in. Barely enough energy to shave, let alone shop…
View attachment 1835146
Hang in there mate - I'm over the hump with my latest (back to back) cold and it's been a real doozy

Last edited:
Well darn it I was so close to make it this month, but of course IB had to put on a 24 hour sale and they had items that I have been after for a while and could not resist. Good luck to everyone! Maybe I will have better self control next time.......

I'm Out!
That sale almost broke me. I think if they had Santa Maria del Fiore in stock, I'd have been out. The shaving sticks are still luring me.

IMG_6115.JPG

Still in. Just sold my house earlier in the week, and I had to pack up a lot of shaving stuff so the house would be easier to show. I think that has helped me resist adding to the clutter in our admittedly small master bath.

Now we are building and the new master bath will be quite large and I'm worried :)

Date25.04.2024
366 daily shaves
116/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette NEW ImprovedKCG China (6)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (98)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Small redness)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9/10
(BBS-)
7/10 (Comfortable)

Notes:

Summary. Much better shave than yesterday with all favourite gear. I could shave daily with this one and be perfectly happy.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom