What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

What. Razor. Is. That?
Karve CB, American edition that was available last year.
I ordered it with several open and closed plates; this morning was the D open comb plate.
It weighs next to nothing and is a treat to use, but takes a light touch or one can get carried away since it's so light.

Karve CB, American edition that was available last year.
I ordered it with several open and closed plates; this morning was the D open comb plate.
It weighs next to nothing and is a treat to use, but takes a light touch or one can get carried away since it's so light.

I like. Has the same colors my country has. Love the way the open comb looks.👍
:straight:

In!

20240424_191639.jpeg

Cheers!

Still going

Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore X2 Best
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl
Preshave: GLYCE
Soap: Stirling ARKADIA
Aftershave: Stirling ARKADIA

Took a three day sabbatical from shaving because I’ve been working on clearing some woods. So exhausted that I didn’t feel like shaving. Needed to move up to the #5 plate and it did a fine job.

Make it a great day!

Hi,

So. Not going out because I lost *both* my red and black Swiss Army knives!

I found the red one *before* I also lost the black one!

And, I also found a blue one, although it doesn't really count because it is a clone. I didn't even know I had a clone one. Or that it was blue. :p

Stan - Still In

Almost went out accidentally a couple of days ago. My wife and I are going on a trip to Northern Italy. I had to pick up a prescription at a pharmacy and was forced to wait a bit.

On the shelf next to me was a small container of Pacific Shave shave cream. I have tried their products before and liked them. It looked to have only citrus scents, which means it wouldn't trigger any allergies. I could lather it by hand and use my Atra for quick shaves while away from home. Perfect.

So I picked it up and was holding it to go buy it when my turn came at the desk. I had the perfect plan and was happy as a clam.

Then suddenly I remembered the GRUYERE! I put it back immediately.

But it was a close call.

Speaking of close, I had a close shave yesterday with a Karve CB in the D open comb design, in the red aluminum and on the Stirling Austin handle. Two passes to near perfection. I really like the CB, and the D open comb is my favorite plate of the ones I have tried. The perfect balance of smooth and efficient, with just enough blade feel to let you know when you have the angle perfect.

Oh I expect a mess. That's half the fun.

But in all honesty, I lather with a drier brush and the original Tabac and MWF type bowls are just there to hold the soap anyways. Once loaded in my brush, I go straight to my face.
I've been out of touch - buried with work and externalities...
How's that MWF Brainbowl these days ?

I'm still puttering along, getting to really appreciate my hardware and attempt to chew down my soap stash.
I must say, quite impressed with the longevity from Mike's Soaps. This one may get another go at SOTM in the fall, given its cracked lid.

full

I'm still puttering along, getting to really appreciate my hardware and attempt to chew down my soap stash.
I must say, quite impressed with the longevity from Mike's Soaps. This one may get another go at SOTM in the fall, given its cracked lid.

Well from the looks of it you are half way through your tub? I think I am too at the moment and by my recent calculations that second half will see me go to August. Excellent longevity compared to other soaps I have used so far. I’m using his Barbershop - very nice scent!

Enjoy!

Guido

Well from the looks of it you are half way through your tub? I think I am too at the moment and by my recent calculations that second half will see me go to August. Excellent longevity compared to other soaps I have used so far. I’m using his Barbershop - very nice scent!

Enjoy!

Guido
Pretty much half through, yes
It wasn’t a full tub when I started the month, but definitely had less than 10 shaves against it.

Easily has another month plus with what remains.

full
My two soaps from Mike's came in metal cans with push-on rather than screw-on lids. Do you know whether plastic tubs are the older or newer containers?

Top Bottom