What's new

Karve Goatlander Brotherhood (KGB)

IIRC, I paid ~$173 for my SS Overlander. You lucked out, Kix. From my perspective it's not a huge jump. From yours, it's quite a leap.
I got mine from Razor Emporium. At the time, It was $175, and I had a 15% off coupon. Free shipping and no tax came to $148.75.
I guess the moral of the story is, if you really want something of value, buy it now or soon, because you know it's going to increase in price over time. IMO, that's the current trend in the economy.

At times, the risk of being an early adopter (or buying into the hype) has rewards/savings. Those rewards can be, for examples, lower cost, quicker/easier accessibility and longer periods of enjoyment.

For me, the Overlander (brass) has been totally rewarding.

Last edited:
Thankfully I ordered my brass Overlander before the increases. The auto generated email estimated today for it to be completed, but I‘ve read enough here to know that was unlikely. After I saw the social media post about him traveling this week I emailed to ask the status. No response, of course, but again I knew what I was signing up for.

Thankfully I ordered my brass Overlander before the increases. The auto generated email estimated today for it to be completed, but I‘ve read enough here to know that was unlikely. After I saw the social media post about him traveling this week I emailed to ask the status. No response, of course, but again I knew what I was signing up for.
I'd be embarrassed to admit how many emails I sent this time before getting a response, but felt I had no other choice since waiting them out wasn't working. I hate being that guy, and shouldn't have to be that guy.

As noted earlier, there's an acknowledgement of the problem and a promise to fix it, so I hope that actually comes to pass. I'm certainly a fan of their products, and it would be nice to have backup without resorting to back flips.

Yeah I understand. I’ve considered getting an Overlander for a long time, but the customer service stuff kept me away. I’d have picked one up from a different retailer or from the bst, but I really wanted a G-Tech handle and I wanted it in brass with no patina yet as I want to see what naturally develops. To get the razor I want I knew I’d just have to accept the lack of communication. Honestly, in a twisted way the terrible customer service speaks to the quality of the products. People would only put up with it if the end result is amazing 😂 .

Fourth day in a row with the copper Overlander and another great shave. The Derby does require a bit more jawline cleanup, but it is smooth.

IMG_1967.jpeg

Another fresh Bic + Overlander shave.

The last Bic blade blew me away, it felt sharper than a feather.
This one felt half as sharp as the last one, almost to the point of feeling dull.

The only thing different than last time was the soap. I just don’t know what to think about these Bics...

IMG_4799.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m hoping mine will look that good at some point. @Madmikey pics are what inspired me to get one…
I’ve had mine about 18 months. I wipe it down after every shave and occasionally scrub the lather channels with a toothbrush but that’s about it for care. The patina has developed slowly over time. And I’m in the same boat - I’d seen other copper razors and wanted one with that patina. It just takes time.

Top Bottom