What's new

What TV series you watching?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Re-watching As Time Goes By, a 1990s British show on Britbox. A long time favorite show of ours, with a great cast. Young lovers get separated by the Korean War, and meet by chance 30+ years later. We've had a set of the British DVDs for 10 years, but nice to have it streaming.

Fallout looks interesting, but I'll have to wait for my wife to leave the house before checking it out. It's not something she'd be interested in. Never played the game, but it sounds similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro Exodus, which I have but never got too far.
Great series with Judi Dench!

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
I started watching Parish and the first episode was pretty good. It was interesting to see that he is a straight shaver and, from what I can tell, seems to squirt Nivea gel into a mug to brush lather.

Well the TV Series line up is sort of disappointing, as the story lines are lame, or technical advice is lame. IMHO we got more stuff to watch, or less quality, and decent content.

Thought the Hollyweird writers, and actors strike was resolved? Apparently the people do the production of many show don't have much quality to work with. We got over 100 channel and streaming service to watch, but not much meat n potatoes to choose from.

Was watching the show on CBS, Fire Country the other night the Cal Fire people were dealing with a Fire Tornado, and I said self, this show is lame as can be.

Fire Cop show 911 is or was doing a three parter about Cruise Ship in distress, the story line was like Poseidon Adventure, but was so unreal, it sucked big time.

Finished Baby Raindeer with the wife.
Also Episode 9 of Shogun.
Watched a couple episodes of Franklin.

Just started American Rust season 2.
I watched this back around 2021 and didn't even realize that the advert that's been popping up on Prime was season 2. It's called American Rust: Broken Justice and starring Jeff Daniels (The Newsroom) and Maura Tierney (The Affair). This one has me hooked.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces. I like this show and the small scale buildings are fantastic.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ripley--excellent
If this show doesn’t win any Oscar’s or whatever I will be upset. Andrew Scott should win the Oscar for this. Or Emmy. I can never keep them straight what TV shows get. But it was really good. At first I was very skeptical about the B&W. I think the only thing I’ve watched in B&W was Schindler's List. So at first I was like …..*groan*…. But after the first 1/2 hour I was all in. I binged it in about 3 days. It won’t make the top 5 of my list but it was really good for recent TV shows.

I’ve never read the books or seen the movie.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If this show doesn’t win any Oscar’s or whatever I will be upset. Andrew Scott should win the Oscar for this. Or Emmy. I can never keep them straight what TV shows get. But it was really good. At first I was very skeptical about the B&W. I think the only thing I’ve watched in B&W was Schindler's List. So at first I was like …..*groan*…. But after the first 1/2 hour I was all in. I binged it in about 3 days. It won’t make the top 5 of my list but it was really good for recent TV shows.

Oh and Dakota Fanning…..I hope she gets some more good roles. I like her.

I agree. I saw the movie, but was not as good. Black and white cinematography was wonderful. Sets were amazing for the current series.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Since I had COVID end of February, I am watching good old German crime shows "Tatort" on MHz Choice. They have a lot of international series on. Tatort started in 1970 and it is still running. The show takes place in several cities in Germany, but also including Vienna. Definitely worth watching - for me at least. It is under-titled, but sometimes they make no sense, glad I am still understanding German....

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I just binge watched 5 seasons of Yellowstone and really liked it. Just started watching 1883
I really enjoyed the first 4 seasons on Prime, and then they require a Paramount + sub for season 5 :\

Did get to see a bit of Jimmy in Civil War at the theatre yesterday though.

Top Bottom