What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Sunday's shave -

Razor: Parker Variant (3)
Blade: Rubie (2)
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Lather: Shannon's Soap "Barbershop"
Aftershave: Afta

One of the threads in the DE forum reminded me about the Variant. I have the non open comb and it really is a good performing razor. Great shave this morning!

Razor: Rocket HD
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Brush: Chisel & Hound Bocote Lily
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Midnight Dreary
Frag: Azzaro The Most Wanted Parfum

First time using the Rocket and brush. 2nd shave with the blade. I think perma-sharp works in every razor I have. No nicks or weepers no irritation DFS.

Rate 9/10

IMG_0397.jpeg

Wonderful start to the week: crisp edge, slick lather and bracing finish. Two and a half passes for a very comfortable DFS+ :)
I had to look where you were from when you said start to the week, I assumed on the other side of the globe! :) Have a great week...my last day of the week 2nd shift begins now!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pre-shave • King C. Gillette Face Wash

Soap • Proraso Red

Bowl • CaYuen (Large)

Brush • Omega Evo Sapphire Blue

Razor • Blackland Vector SS/SB

Blade • Feather Artist Club ProSuper (1)

*Warm Shower*

Aftershave • Thayers Unscented + Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Eye Gel • Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Once again, the Vector SS/SB/Feather AC combo provided a superb shave. Almost 4 days of growth knocked down. No weepers or irritation. I'm quite comfortable with this pairing after all this time. It's rather warm here today, so the Green Freeze was quite nice.

10/10.

Have a blessed evening, friends.

Now Playing •

I don’t understand the rationale behind Evyap’s instructions, @Lane101

Thankfully, ARKO! doesn’t care that I don’t understand
Likely targeted to professional Barbers who might get resistance from customers if they tried to reuse a shaving stick applied to others. Brushes can be cleaned, a shaving stick not so much. Even recall in some Italian barber shops each customer has his own personal boar brush held by the barber shop.

Pre: Nivea face wash
Razor: 1966 Slim @7
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Cream: Speick, face/hand later
Aftershave: Harry’s balm

Pretty damn good shave but not as good as I’m used to. I’m traveling with no brush or bowl so that’s part of it, but I’m beginning to think that I’m just not crazy about GSB blades. I’ve now had less than optimal experiences with them in a few different razors. It seems odd to me given that I love Nacets, Perma-Sharps and 7 O’clock Yellows, and many who like the same blades recommend GSBs. So it goes …

Soap: PAA Future Fiction CK-6
Brush: Semogue SOC Butterscotch Mistura
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Rating: 9.5/10 - An excellent shave. I love the weight and balance of the New Short Comb. PAA soaps have the thickest lather & the best post-shave feel I tried. The SOC is still breaking in, and I'm enjoying it more over time.

Evening, this morning's shave:

Razor: Smart Helix Apollo Light (mild plate)
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Razorock WTP Lime
Brush: N/A
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Snuck a quick shave in before work in the wee hours of the morning. This razor with the light plate reminds me so much of my favorite Techs. Effortless, bit of buffing, and a great BBS finish.

10/10

Cheers

full

Razor: Mühle R41 w RRock HD handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: AP ShaveCo Ruby G5B knot
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Soap: RazoRock Caribbean Holiday⛵🌴

Pre shave: Kyle's Routine, Stirling Coconut Lime stick 🌴🥥
Aftershave: RazoRock Caribbean Holiday⛵🌴 , Stirling Hipster balm

Nearly three day stubble cut cleanly and easily with this setup.
The scents really cheered me up after mowing the lawn for the first time this year which was much harder than it should have been.

2 pass shave, WTG, XTG was as good as I get. Perfect!
Rating: 10/10 BBS

15th April 2024

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Platinum, Made in Germany (2)
Brush: Muhle Classic STF synthetic shaving brush (faux ivory, medium/21mm)
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements lathering bowl (blue/white)
Soap: Cella Crema da Barba (Cella red)
Post shave: Mennen Skin Bracer original aftershave splash

Rating: 9/10

Very bare bones shave this morning! Nothing too fancy but really nice shave nonetheless. I really love Cella.. out of all the soaps I've bought, dozens of fancy artisan soaps included, I find myself using good old Cella probably more than anything else. I find it to be a really superb soap, so easy to work up a great lather, it's always so slick and luscious.. and that nice, clean, inoffensive sweet almond scent is hard to beat too.

Preshave: Glycerine Facewash with warm water splashes
Razor : Gillette NEW SC
Blade : Gillette Nacet (D6)
Brush : Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap : MdC Rose
Aftershave : Alum Block + Cold water splashes + D R Harris Windsor AS Lotion

Taking some time to use my DEs which are not being used because of my addiction to Feather AC system :thumbup1:

Close and comfortable BBS in 3 passes !! :pipe:

Rating : 9.63/10

NEW_SC.jpg
MdC_ROSE.jpgNacet.jpgSimpson_Duke32bw.jpg

Top Bottom