What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

ATT SE1.

Kai Captain Blade.

Speick stick.

Wars fresh.

Head and face shaving 9.5/10👍

Smooth day for everyone 🍻

IMG_20240327_082736.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

GRUME – 26 March 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

View attachment 1818810

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#50 of 100
Shave #10 and out
King C. Gillette
4 of 10
And out
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter RAWR
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter Prep Lathering​

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
CAS​
8.5​
0​
1​
Heavy​

• Comments: The two old blades did their best on a heavy beard.
  • Posting late as I am having right hip replacement surgery tomorrow at 11:30. I am not supposed to shave tomorrow by the surgeon’s direction.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel (Dickinsons) f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Velva Blue f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Speed Stick deodorant Last usage. Dr. Teals will start tomorrow
Prayers that your surgery goes well today, Bobby.

Evening shave - 3/26/24
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 9/10, DFS
Shave was a bit easier as compared to the previous one. Still the blade is not sharp enough to get a real close shave it seems. It is not a horrible shave by any means, but things could be better as well. It was a very comfortable shave though. Very smooth, but these annoying straggler whiskers here and there annoys me. Still quite presentable.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Jequil & Corenveo 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 68-P
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post shave: Gillette Gel
Rating: 10/10

A lousy night of sleep, or non-sleep as the case may be. So I awoke grumpy and didn't expect a particularly great shave but got one in spite of myself. If I were limited to only one razor and one blade and one mass produced shave soap, it might very well be this combination.
This was an absolutely delightful shave. I forget sometimes how much I like Proraso. Just the right amount of menthol and the scent is terrific.

proxy.php

20240327_075034.jpg

Williams Wednesday
Razor: Ever-Ready 1914
Blade: Gem Personna SS Coated 36th final use
Brush: DS Cosmetics synthetic
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
After: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Rating: 8/10
Notes: I got out the Eveready 1914 I repaired for a Williams Wednesday shave. The repair seems to be holding up well. Also this was the last shave on this Gem Personna SS coated blade at 36 shaves, this is the first blade I opened out of the package of 100 Last Summer! As for the shave it good DFS level, with no irritation or cuts. The blade really started giving up the go in the third pass against the grain and I had to do another pass. Hope everyone has a great rest your week and happy shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, March 27th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation - Mfg 2021>, mid range. Perfect razor for my razor rotation and checks all the boxes for what I like to use. Excellent machining and finish QC with a nice efficiency range. The scalloped safety bar is a good idea for lather flow. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (1) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorites!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique addictive scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic fan knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Large handle and excellent knot makes for great lathering.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had another stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Lupo.72 with a fresh GSB blade. Must be a weather change because my shaves lately have been awesome and my skin is in good shape also, great shave with one of my favorite razors .
SOTD March 27 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: British Gillette #58 Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sandalwood
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Dscosmetics Neon Handle AP Shave Co 26mm MiG Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & TOBS Sandalwood AS
Rating: 10/10 An efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, one weeper, no cuts or irritation. A very good shave!

E1FA477E-6C87-42B3-878B-CD290E866ADF.JPG

March 27, 2024
  • Prep: Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave soap
  • Brush: Omega 11137
  • Razor: Gillette Tech ( 1964 )
  • Blade: Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (8)
  • Lather: Stirling Soap Glacial Peach
  • Post Shave: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
  • Post Shave: Lime Green Freeze AS
  • Score: 10/10
I had a lovely and refreshing shave this morning. It is just my second shave with this particular Tech, and at least with the Light Brigade blade, it is proving to be highly comfortable and efficient.

Wednesday Morning Walkabout
Rating: 9.85/10 Excellent

Sixth use of the Kai blade and it has really smoothed out. I like this Yaqi handle on the ATT head.
It gives the razor a better balance point. Overall a superb shave.

Above The Tie SE2 Razor - Yaqi Blue Handle
Kai Captain Pink Mild Blade (6X)
Brown Acrylic Handle Pure Badger Brush
Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix

Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

C70CB08F-48CE-4611-8E39-1EBD011A3EB2-compressed.jpeg

Wednesday morning shave rated (9.75/10) using:
  • Razor: 1953 British Gillette Aristocrat No. 66 from a Coronation Set
  • Blade: Early 1960’s Comet Super Stainless made by Okava Enterprises in its short-lived Irish factory (1)
  • Brush: Omega 10098 Barber’s Boar (excellent)
  • Pre-shave: Noxzema
  • Soap: Dutch Van der Lovett Grey
  • Post shave: Thayer’s unscented Witch Hazel followed by Old Spice splash and Stirling Spice balm
PXL_20240327_132431111.jpg
This morning I loaded a fresh Irish Comet into my 1953 British Aristocrat No. 66 (Coronation Set), and attained a wonderful BBS result in two passes with attentive touch ups. I gave a one point reduction on efficiency due to the amount of touching up needed to get my 100% BBS finish.

These Irish Comet blades are excellent. I still have 85 of them, but I suspect I'll never see any others. They are that rare. I bought them on a whim because I liked the name; so glad I did.

The brush and soap combo is superb and the brush has now fully broken in to become a gentle, but effectively scrubby, face lathering machine.

My shave scoring log is found HERE.

Happy shaves everyone :badger:

What Razor, Pre-shave product, brush/Soap and Aftershave(s) did you use today and how would you rate the whole shaving experience and postshave feel 1-10. (10 best)?

Today I used:
Proraso green preshave cream
MDC Original soap
Muhle Stylo synthetic brush
Rockwell 6S (Plate 3)
Astra SP Blade (first use)
Proraso Green AS
Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina AS
Rating: 9

Top Bottom