What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

20240326_082708.jpg

Razor: Schick Adjustable Injector type M
Blade: Chinese Schick 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetics Synthetic
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum & Vanilla
After: Ogallala Bay Rum & Vanilla
Rating: 10/10

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Bay Rum
Brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic Marble Handle
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman After Shave
Rating: 9.5/10

Didn't shave yesterday after a quick hotel stay for my nephew's wedding so I was ready for a good shave and I got it with arguably my smoothest razor and a blade that came out of nowhere in a sample pack to become one of my favorites. And Bay Rum is my second favorite Stirling scent behind Barbershop.

proxy.php

Tuesday Shave-

IMG_0008.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Hot Towel, Proraso White

Badger: RazoRock Barrel 24
Blade: Kai

Razor: GC .76-P w/Bulldog Handle
Soap: A&E Spartacus
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, Clubman Whiskey Woods

Rating: 9/10

Notes: DFS+. Tiny bit of razor burn on the dreaded neck beard swirl. I think I made the lather a little thin.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tuesday, March 26th 2024

Razor : Gem Damaskenne open comb, Mfg 1912-15, tame mid range. This is the real Mckoy Gem 1912 because it is open comb and has a stropping attachment in the handle. This little razor is over 112 years old approximately and still performs excellent with a fresh Gem SS PTFE blade. I lucked out when I bought this razor years ago in a razor lot sale on line. These where the first models Gem came out with in OC and then went to the closed comb for many years for a total successful product. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very nice unique scented soap with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
Brush : Yaqi " black marble" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. I like the handle and always laugh at the size of bloom that occurred after 1st .... cleaning.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock "The dead Sea" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem 1912 OC razor with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD March 26 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Schick N1
Blade: Schick Twin (6)
Soap/Cream: Stirling The Fresher
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: West Coast Shaving Black Beacon Handle 24mm Silvertip Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling The Fresher AS
Rating: 10/10 An efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, no weepers, cuts or irritation. A very good shave!

7th day with Wolfman WR1 0.67 Ti / PermaSharp (1)

Usual daily 3 passes

after 5 days with Astra SP, took today fresh PermaSharp and voilà. Best shave with WR1 so far. Very smooth.
WR1 is now firmly my favorite DE razor. Incredible razor to learn for me.

There are others to come soon (Ti Bird and Ti Yates 921H) but so far was better for me only SE (WR4 and La Faulx)

9,9/10
IMG_7653.jpeg

Tuesday Morning Whisker Whittling
Rating: 9.85/10 Amazing

Second shave with the new Parker and much better this time.
Found the angle better and the Diane blade was more aggressive.
This is an extremely mild razor and needs an aggressive blade.
Le Pere Lucien is amazing and whipped up a fantastic lather.
Citrus Musk and Williams teamed up for a great Old School finish.

Parker Solo Edge Razor
Diane Platinum Blade - Half DE
Stirling PRO Synthetic Brush
Le Pere Lucien Cologne-Fougere Soap
Citrus Musk Splash On

Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave

IMG_0268-compressed.jpeg

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Hardware
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 0.68P
BladeTreet Dura-Sharp [6]
BrushStirling Boar

Software
PreThayer's Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherMike's Natural Soaps Lime [3]
PostFloïd The Genuine

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
I haven't managed to get as much cushion from the Mike's as I've been getting from other soaps recently. It performs well, however, and has a very nice post shave feel.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Tuesday’s shave.
Razor: Merica
Blade: Matgicol 2nd use.
Soap: Captain’s Choice Bay Rum.
Brush: DSC badger.
Preshave: Hot rag.
Postshave: Thayers witch hazel, Barberry Coast Bay Rum aftershave , Proraso white balm.
Alum feedback: face-almost zero, neck-almost zero.
Smooth: 9.4
Close: 9.5
Soap: 9.6

IMG_7097.jpeg

Had a lovely shave today. Decided to try a fourth shave with a feather blade instead of tossing it after 3 shaves. It still delivered a smooth, comfortable and very close shave :c9:

In the little sample tub is my homemade balm containing:Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Emu Oil, Vit E, Panthenol, Ferulic Acid, Hydrolyzed Castor Oil (makes it water soluble) and a little gin (to dissolve the Ferulic Acid, evaporated by the time I use the balm). It only takes a small dab and it is water soluble. It absorbs along with the HA serum so it doesn't leave a greasy feel at all - makes my 70 year old skin feel young again :c1:

Razor: 'Merica I've modified the cap to give slightly more exposure/blade feel.
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: Badger in carved antler
Soap/splash: 福 fú dào (terrific soap from House of Mammoth)
1711466394200.png

March 26, 2024 Tuesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, aluminum
Blade: Dorco Prime (3)
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf w/Mysterious Space Handle
Post shave: Barbera alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

Excellent shave today. No weepers, etc. and no irritation, very close!

10/10

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 03_25_24.jpg

Fifth of a 15 consecutive shave commitment with the Vikings Blade Emperor. Upgraded to a Personna Med Prep for today.
20240326_093123~2.jpg

20240326_093221~2.jpg

Went with the Arko! soap, my Parker synthetic, alum, witch hazel, and glass decanted Clubman Lilac Vegetal.

A skip one day and shave. My first four shaves were with a Shark Super Chrome and a Matgicol. Wanted to see what this razor could do with a one of the industry's best blades.

I dialed the Emperor up to "7" from "6". Right away, the Med Prep made the Shark and Matgicol look like a windshield ice scraper. The difference in sharpness was drastic.

Three passes, two weepers. Chin and off to the side of the Adam's Apple. BBS on face and probably 70% of neck. But I do have slightly raw skin two hours later. The price of the closest shave so far with the VB Emperor?

Alum was much more of a tingle than I had with the Shark. Witch hazel, uneventful. Lilac Vegtal was also the liveliest application of any AS so far. Felt the burn. I may throw some Gillette balm gel on here in a bit.

9/10.

20240205_082628.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze OC .78, Rod George handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Brown Bess Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Ten