What's new

NOW CLOSED 2017 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition- Novice Class

I'm not saying a word,:em2700: but I will say its priceless and I bet there was a few choice words used when I said tweezers. :001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool: that's why I go with Ice-Man one cool dude hahahaha
There were a couple words.... In a feeble attempt of my own defense, they were in the house and I was in my shop.......

And that's why I go with sfeile..... 'Cause I'm too brain dead to be original..... :letterk1::letterk1::letterk1::letterk1:

There is no feeble attempt mate we have all done it at some stage, that's what makes us who we are but just think in years to come. When you see that razor you will think of this day and chuckle to yourself, and think of all the fun you have had in the build up to a stunning razor. And that my friend is priceless. And when this is over your going to miss this and all the banter along the way.

There is no feeble attempt mate we have all done it at some stage, that's what makes us who we are but just think in years to come. When you see that razor you will think of this day and chuckle to yourself, and think of all the fun you have had in the build up to a stunning razor. And that my friend is priceless. And when this is over your going to miss this and all the banter along the way.

If I were to chuckle at every stupid thing I have done, I wouldn't be able to stand as I'd be in a constant state of hysterical laughter. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I won't miss the banter. After all, that's what we do here right!?!?! We will still be making smart *** remarks at each other for a long time to come, so I will have new banter. :thumbup1:

If I were to chuckle at every stupid thing I have done, I wouldn't be able to stand as I'd be in a constant state of hysterical laughter. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And I won't miss the banter. After all, that's what we do here right!?!?! We will still be making smart *** remarks at each other for a long time to come, so I will have new banter. :thumbup1:

Your not wrong on both counts I'm all ways laughing, as for the banter that's a must at B&B. As for the smart *** remarks we both know that's going to happen for many years to come.

So I finally got around to seeing if it was truly shave worthy.....
It reminds me of a lightsaber. The handle is a bit large and unwieldy looking, but it actually is very light, well balanced, and easy to maneuver. It also cuts right through anything in it's way with no resistance whatsoever. This thing took a scary sharp edge! I got a smoother shave than with some of my good razors!

Now if only I could get the hang of this pinning thing.....

Just tap it in. Taaaaap it in. :001_302:

Do you know how hard it is to do a light tap with a 4 pound hammer!?!?! :lol:

I think this new replacement set I got actually has harder pin stock than the other one. I did "ok" with the rescale I did on that claus, but these just didn't want to peen at all...

@sfeile I bought a 6oz jewellers hammer for that reason, as I kept thinking it was a terrys orange where you wack it and unwrap it, as I bent 3 pins

I was just kidding about the 4 pound hammer. The one I used is probably still a little big (8 oz. ball peen), but I was gentle. Kinda sorta......

Like I said to David though, this stuff just didn't want to peen over. I even held it in smooth jaw pliers to peen the first end before putting it into the razor, and they still didn't want to peen. Cutting it felt almost like cutting a piece of stainless 316L TIG wire. I'm going to look for some softer stuff in the future. I think I'll have better luck then.

Yeah they are stainless and also brass I went with brass much softer choice
These are brass, but I think they may have work hardened in either the drawing or straightening process. I could have probably annealed them when I noticed with the first one, but I was in a "git-er-done" mind frame...

@sfeile I was just kidding about the 4 pound hammer.
I know but the 6oz feels like a 4 pound hammer when peening, but I found out the same way and I also found out the little bench vice with the rubber on the jaws help. that's how I did mine use the vice first to peen one side then fit pin to razor then do the final side. that helped me no end but I am getting better at it now.

@sfeile I was just kidding about the 4 pound hammer.
I know but the 6oz feels like a 4 pound hammer when peening, but I found out the same way and I also found out the little bench vice with the rubber on the jaws help. that's how I did mine use the vice first to peen one side then fit pin to razor then do the final side. that helped me no end but I am getting better at it now.

That's basically what I was doing with the smooth jaw piers after I messed up the first pair. (The base of my vise broke, and I haven't gotten it replaced yet.) I held them in the pliers and peened one end, then placed everything and cut and peened the other end. They were still very hard to peen. Much harder than the set that I lost.

But it was still only the second set that I have ever done, so I'm sure I will get better at it the more that I do.

Top Bottom