What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am happy to hear that I am not the only person who gets sloppy eating spaghetti. Growing up next to Italian Americans, it is all about the eating, all else be damned.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I went a month without a cheeseburger. That's quite the feat, seeing how I easily can eat two a week, usually doubles. I treated myself to a single yesterday. Slowly, I am eating a bit better, and will probably join a gym. I made a post of shame in the Clubhouse about that. I've been out of control for too long.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I went a month without a cheeseburger. That's quite the feat, seeing how I easily can eat two a week, usually doubles. I treated myself to a single yesterday. Slowly, I am eating a bit better, and will probably join a gym. I made a post of shame in the Clubhouse about that. I've been out of control for too long.

Don't think of it as a post of shame, but as the start of a great new job. You are now on a new journey to take charge of your health & life and help your wife to stay motivated too. Trust me on this.... If you stay on this road and listen to your body along the way, you are going to feel so much better.
proxy.php

..... And you will still be able to eat a cheeseburger once in a while.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't think of it as a post of shame, but as the start of a great new job. You are now on a new journey to take charge of your health & life and help your wife to stay motivated too. Trust me on this.... If you stay on this road and listen to your body along the way, you are going to feel so much better.
proxy.php

..... And you will still be able to eat a cheeseburger once in a while.
:)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Went to a new Mexican restaurant today, and had 3 eggs, potatoes, and flat iron steak. Man, that steak tasted great. I need to be on the lookout for it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It has been about 3 years since I have been to Fredericksburg, TX. What's for dinner tomorrow? Sauerbraten and a Spaten Optimater at Der Linden Baum- woo hoo.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It has been about 3 years since I have been to Fredericksburg, TX. What's for dinner tomorrow? Sauerbraten and a Spaten Optimater at Der Linden Baum- woo hoo.

I went there last year to rub it in. Yes, I ate a Sauerbraten, yes I drank a German beer, Yes it was at the Der Linden Baum.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I went there last year to rub it in. Yes, I ate a Sauerbraten, yes I drank a German beer, Yes it was at the Der Linden Baum.
I am going to check out the Nimitz museum this time, too. It is just going to be a weekend getaway, though (coming back Monday), because I want to go to Ohio this autumn.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I am going to check out the Nimitz museum this time, too. It is just going to be a weekend getaway, though (coming back Monday), because I want to go to Ohio this autumn.

I've been to the Nimitz museum. It's totally been renovated and enlarged. The best thing I saw was a burnt, bent and blasted black hatch from the USS Arizona.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
image.jpeg

We dipped into The Brewery in Fredericskburg today. We were in Kerrville visited the wife's mother in the hospital (hip surgery - turned out just fine). I ordere a Rueben and German potato salad with a Porter beer.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 788197

We dipped into The Brewery in Fredericskburg today. We were in Kerrville visited the wife's mother in the hospital (hip surgery - turned out just fine). I ordere a Rueben and German potato salad with a Porter beer.
Have to have the potato salad. It doesn't come with the Sauerbraten at Der Linden Baum, but I always add it. I could substitute it for the purple cabbage, but then I wouldn't have the cabbage.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Have to have the potato salad. It doesn't come with the Sauerbraten at Der Linden Baum, but I always add it. I could substitute it for the purple cabbage, but then I wouldn't have the cabbage.

Their PS was served hot (not spicy) with a sweet sauce they made my brain twitch. I've got to make it, but where do I start? I'm on a mission.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When we were in Fredericksburg, we drove an hour for a hamburger. LoveCreek Orchards makes a killer hamburger, so we popped down to Medina. When I was leaving, I asked what they spice the burgers up with. The use something called Wildfire Pickles. I had to pick a jar up.

IMG_3752.JPG

When we were in Fredericksburg, we drove an hour for a hamburger. LoveCreek Orchards makes a killer hamburger, so we popped down to Medina. When I was leaving, I asked what they spice the burgers up with. The use something called Wildfire Pickles. I had to pick a jar up.

View attachment 788319

I'd eat that.

I'd give that a shot as well, having just realized my youthful dislike of anything but dill pickles has morphed into liking other styles now.

Top Bottom