What's new

Does a multi rack/stand exist for multiple brushes?

I was wondering if a stand/rack exists for multiple shaving brushes? Something similar to a stand used for our razors and a brush, but just for multiple brushes? I have multiple brushes and would like something to hang them on to give an appearance of neatness. I haven't found anything yet, any points in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks

This is a post that I made in an other thread.

I paid $1.99 for this spice rack at the Salvation Army Store. It's a little crude but the brushes fit perfectly.

Thanks guys, I figured there would be something more tailored to our special needs. I 'm actually kind of surprised there isn't something more widely available.

Some gents use one of those rubber stamp carousels that you can find at office supply stores.
That's what I'm currently using. I got a "mint in box" one at an army surplus store for something like $5, IIRC.
full

It has a few drawbacks though.
  • It takes up a lot of real estate, and the middle is wasted space
  • I wish it was at least 1/2" taller. You'll notice that one of the brushes and the razor next to it would be almost dragging (on a hard smooth surface), and that long-handled Tuxedo brush has to go upside down.
  • I had to cover the spring metal clips with some poly tubing to protect the brush handles from scratches. Heat-shrink tubing would have been better, but I didn't have any in a good size.
  • Once in a while that faux-tortoise shell handle brush pops out because the clips aren't quite bent enough to grip the handle well.
  • My new Omega 49 Pro brush is both too long and too wide to fit.
My plan is to come up with something that looks more like a flat spice rack, but with adjustable or spring-loaded clips to suspend the brushes bristles down.

I think it's to determine which of the items on that particular rack he'll use. So he has one for brushes, one for aftershaves, etc. He probably has a D-10 to determine which racks to use, as well as a D4 to determine whether it's an after-shave day, or instead-of-shave day.

I want to know where the pole came from.

From the looks of the base, I'm going to guess it is pvc plumbing pipe. Schedule 40 ?? Pretty cool and took some time I'm sure. As I scrolled down the thread I kept waiting to get to the bottom which never seemed to come. Will show my wife the picture when she says I have too many razors :a14:

I like the custom looking psycho key!!

@DCRIII - Do you use the D20s to decide what to shave with on a given day? ;)
At the time I took this picture, I had several razors with different blades I was using. The D20s are to to keep track of how many shave on each blade. It's easy to forget when I can get at least 14 shave per blade.
I think it's to determine which of the items on that particular rack he'll use. So he has one for brushes, one for aftershaves, etc. He probably has a D-10 to determine which racks to use, as well as a D4 to determine whether it's an after-shave day, or instead-of-shave day.

That's very interesting theory! One that could possibly speed up my decision on what to use on any given day.
The pole was made by me using a combination of ABS and PVC pipe. The base is filled and weighted down with a bunch of scrap 12 gauge copper wire and plaster. The top of the pole is wood and I believe is used to decorate the top of posts for stairs. What difficult to see is the clear acrylic pipe that fits over the pole itself and holds the shelves in place. Aside from the timely affair of measuring and drilling holes, the paint job on the pole it's self took the longest. Everything sits on top of and is attached to s lazy Susan turning platform.
From the looks of the base, I'm going to guess it is pvc plumbing pipe. Schedule 40 ?? Pretty cool and took some time I'm sure. As I scrolled down the thread I kept waiting to get to the bottom which never seemed to come. Will show my wife the picture when she says I have too many razors :a14:

I like the custom looking psycho key!!
Yep, PVC and ABS.
The Psycho key is another creation of mine as well. There are some many things in this world is want or need that cost too money to have done by others or just don't exist this one begin with. Do I do my best to make them.
Dave that's amazing!

Thank goodness for Tobasco (and a great idea)! :thumbup:
Thank you and thank goodness indeed! I enjoyed every drop as well!

Ahhh. So it was homemade, you simply tracked down some acrylic pipe to use as a cover. I may have to look into that.

Hey, when you have that many razors, dice are as good of a way as any to decide which to use. I'll be PIFing and sell/trading mine in a few days down to the point where I have a reasonable number - like one or two of a type, at most, and only what I'll use (so the Schick and Gem will go bye bye, etc)

Top Bottom