What's new

Show Your Birth Year Razor(s)

See a lot of threads about Birth Year Razors. Thought I'd start one for all of us to show ours off.

Mine is a Gillette TTO Super Slim Adjustable I-2 (1963 2nd quarter) that I won on eBay.

$Gillette-TTO-Slim-Adjustable-I-2-1963.jpg

Gillette TTO S-2 (1972 2nd quarter - birth year *and* quarter)
Still haven't the heart to use it, yet.

$IMG_1084.JPG

Attachments

• $IMG_1084.jpg
    $IMG_1084.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 616
I can't .... yet ... but soon .... I just decided how to fill a corner cabinet I have .... I am going to fill it with 1965 stuff....
I ordered a slim adjustable, a tech, a flair tip and I already have a travel tech ....

I'm looking for a lady gillette starburst .. K4 or any K really.

Nice! What are all of those?[/QUOTE

From L to R: I-1 Lady Gillette, I-1 Slim, I-1 Travel Tech, I-1 Tech, and I-3 Super Speed. Only the Super Speed is my birth year/quarter. I've had difficulty so far trying to get 3rd quarter razors for the first four.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Not a whole lot of choice in W-3, but I have tracked down two Black Tips, one in steel, the other in Aluminum handle version ..

$IMG_7940.jpg

1978 Gillette Super Adjustable "slant" Y2. Doesn't shave as well as a 37c and now is just for display. In an act of stupidity, I tried to fix it rather than returning it. Fortunately I didn't pay a lot for it.

$WP_20160216_19_54_15_Pro.jpg

Unfortunately by 1995 it seems this country was already deeply invested in the cartridge contraptions we have today. However, I love looking at all of the ones posted here!

I have been all over the auction site and online vendors. I cannot find a T3 razor. Either they have all been snagged up and collected already, or they didnt make many that year, I simply cannot find a T3.

In fact...I cant find a vintage 1973 of ANY quarter, let alone third quarter....

Im gonna keep looking though. Gotta be a Black Beauty or Super Adjustable out there somewhere with a T3 stamp on her...

Top Bottom