What's new

EDC Flashlight advice.

Looking for a small EDC flashlight. I'm thinking around keychain size, preferably LED. What do you guys have for suggestions?

May want to check out a four sevens mini ml. Here's a picture of mine next to a nickel so you can get an idea on size. It's also just a hair smaller around than the nickel as well. It's really bright too. I also have a preon 2 and a quark tactical QT2L-X

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 375
I've been carrying an Olight i3 on my keychain for a couple years now. 70-80 lumen output depending on which model you get, removeable pocket clip, and its not much bigger than the AAA battery that powers it.

I don't really care for lights on my keychain, but lots of guys do.

For me, my EDC light is a Fenix LD12 G2. Very bright, small enough I'll actually carry it. AA gives plenty of power and run time.

proxy.php

99.95% of the time it's every bit as good as the much brighter PD32UE, at a fraction of the weight and size.

Ken

I have had VERY good experiences with Streamlight products over the years. I carried a Stylus Pro (pen light) for a couple years until I needed a bit bigger light and switched to a ProTac 2AA. I have carried the ProTac for the past 2 years and beat the crap out of this light everyday at work and it still keeps going. The best part is it takes AA batteries so I don't have to pay stoopid money for the CR123 batteries that everything else uses. My recommendation for a small keychain sized EDC light would be a MicroStream or a Nano...

Streamlight MicroStream
http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...F8&qid=1364301458&sr=8-4&keywords=streamlight

Streamlight Nano
http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-7...d=1364301584&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight+nano

Streamlight Stylus Pro
http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...F8&qid=1364301700&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight

Streamlight ProTac 2AA
http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-8...1364301761&sr=8-4&keywords=streamlight+protac

If you're willing to go with a slightly larger key chain light or a small pocket light, I highly recommend going with a 4 sevens mini AA with a 14500 battery upgrade. I have this light and couldn't be happier with it. The 14500 battery is basically a CR123 battery in a AA form. The advantage is, you can use a regular AA as well as the 14500. The regular AA puts out 90-100 lumens on high, while the 14500 puts out 210-220+ lumens on high. If you decide to go the 14500 route you will need a 14500 battery ( I prefer the AW brand ) and a charger for the battery. This set up will cost around $70 ( light $40, 14500 battery $10 and charger $15 ) If you can spend more than this for a light, there are other options to consider. A video and a pic for size comparison.

$IMG_3308.jpg

$IMG_3311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry a protac aa in the truck and recommend that, I also like those fenix lights up there too. Some good choices .

Thanks for the replies. As I've looked more into them a bit bigger is alright, maybe about the size of my knife (benchmade mini grip).

With my budget for an EDC, the two I'm between are the Maratac AAA REV2 or the Titanium Innovations
Illuminati CA1-AL. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Hey i found a maglite solitare in blue that i didnt even know i had. if you want it then pm me and I will PIF to you. it uses 1 aaa battery. It isnt led but is a true "keychain" light if you want one. look it up and let me know.

Hey i found a maglite solitare in blue that i didnt even know i had. if you want it then pm me and I will PIF to you. it uses 1 aaa battery. It isnt led but is a true "keychain" light if you want one. look it up and let me know.

Thanks for the offer. But I used to have one of those and it's not quite bright enough for what I need it for. I'm okay with bigger, just looking for one that's comfortable in my pocket.

brucered

System Generated
what about a single AA Fenix LD15. we own quite a few Fenix lights and they are all great.

• Dimensions: 80mm L x 16.6mm D
  • Weight: 21 grams
$LD15_4.jpg

Top Bottom