What's new

The EDC picture thread

$Resize_P03-17-13_21-531000131.jpg

That definitely looks like a Strider. Yet... the handle says Buck. That is very interesting, but a great heavy duty knife either way.

You see a lot of collaboration pieces these days. Benchmade, Buck, Boker, Spyderco all do them. It's a nice way for someone to try a more custom design at a generally somewhat lower price and gets the design into more hands with higher manufacturing capacity. Sometimes the designers join the company but more often remain independent.

Spyderco has had around 40 of them (not all current) from Phil Wilson, Gayle Bradley, Chad Los Banos, Ed Schempp, Jens Ansö and many others.

I love the concept and the results of collaboration pieces. They can really broaden out a product line.

Ken

$2013-03-23 20.05.41.jpg

Mine EDC: Fossil watch + wallet .. home and car keys and one of the two Boker-s depending where i'm going (the big one is a counterfeit Boker model :001_rolle)

as for CCW here permission is only issued if you have a reason for one .. otherwise weapon carry for self-defense in public places is forbidden .. you can only have it at home or in the car. Even cold weapon should be registered into the system as soon as bought(but doesn't need a permit for acquiring it).

edit: forgot my phones :) HTC Wildfire + Samsung Galaxy Chat (can't go anywhere today without a phone or two ... :mad3:)​

Last edited:
Average off work EDC. Benchmade 300SN, wallet, keys, Hinderer Aluminum Investigator pen, Leatherman Juice S2, four sevens quark tactical QT2L-X, and xd40 loaded with hornady critical defense and hogue grip in a white hat holster, oh and an iPhone 4 in magpul case. The knife varies between what is shown, a 940 with black blade or a Keyshawn cryo. Also switch between the quark and a preon for lighting.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Average off work EDC. Benchmade 300SN, wallet, keys, Hinderer Aluminum Investigator pen, Leatherman Juice S2, four sevens quark tactical QT2L-X, and xd40 loaded with horn addy critical defense and hogue grip in a white hat holster, oh and an iPhone 4 in magpul case. The knife varies between what is shown, a 940 with black blade or a Keyshawn cryo. Also switch between the quark and a preon for lighting.

what's the star on your keys?

pen is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt

what's the star on your keys?

pen is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt

the star is a texas star that a small company in Austin made for me and engraved the back. It's a keyfob that hangs on the pocket. It's 100% peso silver. As far as the pen goes I love it. It's the size if the fisher space pen cartridge basically and super light. The traction is ridiculously good as well. I have a Crkt Tao pen as well that I carry at work and like the hinderer far more because of the size and the threads are not as long winded as the Crkt.

Average off work EDC. Benchmade 300SN, wallet, keys, Hinderer Aluminum Investigator pen, Leatherman Juice S2, four sevens quark tactical QT2L-X, and xd40 loaded with horn addy critical defense and hogue grip in a white hat holster, oh and an iPhone 4 in magpul case. The knife varies between what is shown, a 940 with black blade or a Keyshawn cryo. Also switch between the quark and a preon for lighting.

Dig that Benchmade!

Normal day:

$IMG_2904.jpg

(Oh, I suppose there oughta be a pen in there somewhere, too...)

Shameless plug - I'm going to have to sell the knife and flashlight, as shaving and Nib'ing are more of a priority lately. So, watch the BST for these, upcoming...

(Mods, feel free to delete if this isn't kosher!)

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
OK, Just for fun, what I carried today.

proxy.php

Bag
Paracord
Notebook
Parker 51 pen
Sharpie
Cree torch
Persol Sunglasses
Leatherman Charge
Watch
Superball (you never know when boredom will strike)
Contact lens case
Large wallet for inside bag, papers, rarely used cards, etc.
Phone
Ipod
"pressure point massage device"
Zippo
Front pocket wallet
Keys with mini Opinel knife.

I've started to get an EDC kit since I started riding my own bike in the city.

proxy.php

In an old camera bag...

proxy.php

Add a fountain pen when I'm going to college/any place in which I have to write "seriously", a mobile phone, some cash and good to go.

I have two EDC setups... one for work, and around town kinda situations, the other for what I consider higher risk situations (like traveling in Detroit).

Here's the lighter setup:
$photobucket-22838-1365366205481_zps79174a32.jpg
Glock 26 (9mm w/ 124 +P Gold Dots), Crossbreed SuperTuck, reload, Gerber Paraframe mini, keys and the necessary tactical chapstik.

My heavy metal carry setup:
$photobucket-22540-1365366204459_zpsa1467822.jpg
M&P9 w/ same Gold Dots, Reload, Safariland ALS paddle holster (excellent and cheap retention holster!), Timberline knife, and again, the tactical chapstik. :2guns:

EDC update, swap the benchmade for this Emerson Endeavor

Attachments

• $IMG_1744[1].jpg
    $IMG_1744[1].jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 277
Top Bottom