STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Proraso Liquid Crema After Shave
COLOGNE: Aqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: Very clean, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a great shave everyone,
Béla​

Have yet to experience a Friodur shave, but one day....:sad: Great shave and pic, Bela!:thumbup1:

Since im on the road, my SOTD is my travel kit, perched on top of my tool box.
Merkur 1904 loaded with an Astra
Proraso soap and splash
travel case for brush made out of plumbing pipe
boar brush i forget the brand of, the name has been rubbed off the handle by the travel case
body shop aluminium comb that i rarely use, but carry cause i like it, thought id throw it in the pic

Excellent travel kit. :thumbup1: I particularly love the 1904, one of my favourite DEs when straights are impractical.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Proraso
Brush: Semogue SOC
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5

View attachment 226293

The SOC comes out today. Is there a better boar brush in existence? No.....not IMO anyway! Fantastic shave, Johnny:001_smile

Good Morning Everyone!
~03/06/2012~

Semogue 2011 LE FBadger 1 (#79) | Merkur HD w/ RedIP | KOS Alpha Oil | AOS SS : Lemon | Nivea Replenishing ASB

I really do hope you all had a great shave just as I did!

proxy.php

Just wanted to mention I've owned the Semogue 11 LE FBadger 1 for about 3 months and I have to say its one of the brushes I can't live without now. At first it was bit scritchy but it has vastly improved since then. It's like my shavemac D-01 Three Band but with a much denser knot with some scritch. It is fully broken in and is soft enough to enjoy a lot more shaves. Anyways my fellow B&B Friends I hope you all have a wonderful day!

It was your pics that persuaded me to buy another bowl of AoS Lemon soap after some year break. A mild scent, yet nevertheless, an outstanding performer.:001_wub: I have the number 2 brush, but a little too scritchy for my liking though. Great on MWF I've found.

Tuesday

Japanese Rice Bowl
Vie-Long 14831M, horsie
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (28)

TOBS Avocado Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua de Limón
Ferrari Red EDT

I don't know what is happening, but this blade refuse to give up.
Ttoday was the 28th shave with it, and a comfortable DFS as well - go figure :confused1

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

OMG....I was right, Soren!!! Poor Ella!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
And yes, that blade is a mystery....or have you found a new technique in your shaving adventures, you're not telling us?:wink2:

proxy.php

Dovo Astrale
Razorock Muguet de France
Rudy Vey Chubby 2 clone
clean up: Fatboy w/ Shark (2)
Thayers cucumber witch hazel
D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk

Decent shave. I recieved the Astrale yesterday and this morning tried to put it to good use. Didn't really turn out that well on the WTG pass as I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate my face with a straight. Since I was pushed for time, I grabbed my Fatboy and went ATG for a CCS. Nothing too spectacular but this razor is a beauty and I brought it to work with me today to faux practice on my face. My coworker is going to look at me weird but whatever. He'll get over it. :lol:

A beauty, Chris, it really is!:ohmy: And you now have the chance to convert another in to this practice of using straights!:wink2::001_smile

It was your pics that persuaded me to buy another bowl of AoS Lemon soap after some year break. A mild scent, yet nevertheless, an outstanding performer.:001_wub: I have the number 2 brush, but a little too scritchy for my liking though. Great on MWF I've found.

I absolutely love AOS Lemon SS. It is brilliant stuff and gives me effortless BBS shaves. I just bought a refill puck and grated it into that bowl from the pic. As for the brush I initially thought that but after test lathering every night. Then and rinsing it with shampoo/conditioner every other week only, it slowly changed my mind! The scritchness did tone down. Have you tried doing that with your Fbadger2 David ?

strop

Now half as wise
The Le Grelot takes a fantastic edge. Those desert ironwood scales are quite exquisite, the wood being very difficult to work with, I believe.

It's going to be very hard not to get another of these!
I'm just starting to learn to hone, though won't be practicing on this one!

I absolutely love AOS Lemon SS. It is brilliant stuff and gives me effortless BBS shaves. I just bought a refill puck and grated it into that bowl from the pic. As for the brush I initially thought that but after test lathering every night. Then and rinsing it with shampoo/conditioner every other week only, it slowly changed my mind! The scritchness did tone down. Have you tried doing that with your Fbadger2 David ?

I've only used mine half a dozen or so times, so it's still early days. I'll continue to use it and see what happens naturally. AoS soaps have disappeared almost entirely now from the UK but the lemon seems to be still available from a site I know here. Guessing not many like the lemon....their loss is my gain!!!!:001_tt2:

It's going to be very hard not to get another of these!
I'm just starting to learn to hone, though won't be practicing on this one!

The TI steel is pretty hard and I had a devil of a job to get my Silverwing to perform. I'm a novice honer also and as you say, there are some at this level you don't want to attempt.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The SOC comes out today. Is there a better boar brush in existence? No.....not IMO anyway! Fantastic shave, Johnny:001_smile

I totally agree, David. The SOC is the finest boar brush on the market for me, too. Anyway, I just got the 1438 which I find to be absolutely marvellous for face lathering soaps. It has a relatively short loft (50 mm) a nice knot (22 mm) and excellent backbone, maintaining the super soft tips of all Semogue boars. Also, the traditional painted handle is a touch of class. A winner!

And I wonder what your wallpaper might be???:001_unsur:lol:

If your guess is Ella, you are mistaken :001_tt2: (although...)
Being from London, I don't think you will like my wallpaper - at all :devil2:
proxy.php

OMG....I was right, Soren!!! Poor Ella!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
And yes, that blade is a mystery....or have you found a new technique in your shaving adventures, you're not telling us?:wink2:

No, no new technique. I am just holding the razor under the running water, giving a light shake and put it to air dry. Normally I take the blade out and press-dry it on a towel, so I am really puzzled here, it shouldn't have lasted more than 4-6 shaves.
And since it is my control blade (hence the rinse/air-dry cycle), I haven't even started my test yet :sneaky2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good Morning Everyone!
~03/07/2012~

Semogue 1800 | Merkur HD w/ RedIP | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | "Almighty" MWF | GFT Sandalwood Skin Food Sample

If Semogue ever had a SOC handle filled with the 1800 bristles I would be all over that b/c I really love my 1800 and has become one of my faves. It has the perfect balance of softness/scritchness which makes my shaves really enjoyable! Fellow B&B members don't know what they are missing out if you like boar shaving brushes. I do believe if you liked the 1305 when fully broken but wanted more backbone go for a 1800! Anyway Friends I hope you all have a great day!

proxy.php

My friend, your shots are getting better and better every day. Congratulations! And glad to see you are enjoying our SOTD forum so much. Excellent!

Thank you, David. I'm a big fan of the Mazzolari, by the way. I hope you ended up enjoying it.

The Mazzolari is an excellent scent where a little goes a long way. My first use was over enthusiastic with the application, and pretty overpowering. I'll know next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom