:001_smile

proxy.php

Absolutely stunning photo, Soren.:thumbup1:

Merkur 38C w/IP (day 1)
Rooney Style 3, Medium, Genuine Silvertip
La Toja SC
Genuine Floid AS
T & H Spanish Leather Cologne

I've used a bowl for lathering for the first time in a while (have been lathering straight onto my face for a couple of years now) and although it takes a little longer, the lather seems a lot better. And lathering in a bowl just seems to make the shave more enjoyable IMO.

Last edited:
Saturday
SOTD 09042011
L'Occitane Cade/EJ DE86/7 O'Clock Green/Lijun&1980 Finest/Old Spice Fresh Splash

proxy.php

Cyril R. Salter Fresh Mint - Semogue 830 - Merkur 34c - Astra SP - Dr. Harris Arlington
proxy.php

Arko / EverReady 100T / Slim Adj w/Zorrik SS / Barber's Choice Bay Rhum

Gillette Fusion Power
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
Musgo Real Pre- Shaving Oil
Gillette Shaving Cream mixed with Gillette Shaving Gel
Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
La Roche-Posay Anti Redness Normalizing After Shave Balm
NewPeptin Cosmeceuticals Men’s Eye Contour Cream
Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF15
Eau de Toilette : EAU DE LIERRE by Fabrice Pellegrin

proxy.php

d i p t y q u e

Santa Maria La Novella // Filarmonica Sub Cero 14 // Morris & Fordran Blonde Bagder // Myrsol Antesol

proxy.php

C & E Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Palmolive Classic SS (Grated),
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
Davidoff Cool Water EdT.

proxy.php

5 laps of the "Water of Ayr" stone, 5 laps of a red Dovo pasted strop and then a damn good stropping on one of Neil Millers' black latigo strops and off we went! :thumbup1:

A very smooth close shave and one happy camper! :biggrin1:

Motörhead & Jack night with a couple co-workers tonight!

Duke2
King Cutter 5/8
MWF
Old Spice White Water

proxy.php

'40s Superspeed & Super-Max : Omega 80265 & Proraso : Proraso as : Fitjar Folgefonn Mint asb : Miller Harris Terre de Bois EdT

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kimson, Wacker, Lavanda, Opaline, Czech&Speake

Saturday, 4.9.11

Aura Glow
Real Shaving Company LE Shave Cream
New Forest 2221 High Mountain Badger
H.Diamond #74 Full Hollow
Neil Miller Strop .. 65 Linen/75 Bridle
Witch Hazel
Bloc Osma
Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum AS

Great SOTD's this week, everyone!

proxy.php

DE 89L ● Personna Lab ● Rooney Finest 3/1 ● MdC ● PdP
full

An excellent saturday collection!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honing Experiment (Series 1 - Coticule Polish/Finish)

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Razor: 5/8" Geneva Cutlery, Full Hollow, Round Point (from Rene)
Honing Regimen: (1) Shapton Pro 1k (Bevel setting), and (2) La Grosse Blanche Coticule (sharpen/polish/finish - dilucot method)
Strop: 0 laps (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: TOBS "Eaton College Collection" Shave Creme + Ogallala "Bay Rum" Shave Soap/Stick + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
After Shave Balm: L'Occitane "L'Occitan" ASB
Point of this experiment: Well guys, in the next several shaves, I will be doing an experiment to correlate edge aesthetics with shave performance. I had started a thread HERE some weeks ago about this. In it (post #1), I decided to use 3 razors of the same make and (almost) same size and a couple of series of experiments to determine this (see post #41 in that thread). Rene was kind enough to volunteer three of his Geneva cutlery razors for this. I have posted the results of what the edge looks like (with the Coticule polish/finish) at 400X magnification and this SOTD outlines what I think of the actual shave. Over the next week or so, I will progress and update this thread and hopefully make an assessment of what edge I prefer and what it looks like. Here's how I will do this. Shave 1 day, take a break the next and repeat with a new honing process in the series. All variables (brush, soap, creme, etc...) will be kept the same so as not to influence the shave results.
Results: When honed up, she took on a nice edge and was super sharp and passed the HHT with flying colors. On my face, this blade felt ultra sharp. 3 passes; (1) WTG: the sharp edge cut the whiskers with ease, (2) XTG: same thing with a little more clean up, (3) ATG: the blade really cleaned up any ghosts left behind. However, there was a level of smoothness that was missing. I have come up with a new rating for this experiment. (A) Sharpness, and (B) Smoothness. Here's how I rate this shave: Sharpness: 9 or 9.5, and Smoothness: 6. If interested to see more, see this link here. I have pictures of the bevel/edge at 400X magnification. My next shave will be Monday with series 1 (#2 - which is the Coticule sharpen and Escher polish/finish).

proxy.php

Now, some of you may be wondering what those little "needle-striken" doll like toys are. Well, Rene was also kind enough to send my wife some P90X workout DVDs (Kick A**) and these represent voodoo dolls that my wife and I can use to curse (i.e., thank) Rene every time we work out (and last night we worked out and today we are hating him, LOL). Thanks buddy
proxy.php

Rene: Thank you for everything my friend
proxy.php
. You were instrumental in making this experiment happen buddy. I owe you one, BIG time...and thank you for the P90X DVDs (and the Bay Rum). Both my wife and I love them and thank you (ooops sorry...curse you,
proxy.php
).

Have a FABULOUS Saturday gentlemen
proxy.php

Robert, what can I say? I'm running out of words to describe your EXCELLENT photos!:thumbup:

Fantastic shaves today gentlemen! Am stuck at work but these have just made my day :thumbup:

Chubby 2 | Gillette #58 w/7 0'Clock | L'Occitane | Thayers Lemon Witch-Hazel | FLOID Vigoroso

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
EJ89L (it has been sulking since I got the super speed)
Personna platinum
Semogogue 1460 brush
Tabac soap
Witch hazel
Nivea Replenishing AS Balm
Captain PreCapsize's Bay Rum

Last edited:
The Pics just keep getting better! Keep Raising the bar!!

BairLea Farms prelather | Proraso shave Lather | NF HMB | EJ DE89L | Ice Cube Rinse | Witch Hazel | Youthopia moisturizer | Aqua Velva​

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Honing Experiment (Series 1 - Coticule Polish/Finish)

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 22mm New Forest Silvertip Badger
Razor: 5/8" Geneva Cutlery, Full Hollow, Round Point (from Rene)
Honing Regimen: (1) Shapton Pro 1k (Bevel setting), and (2) La Grosse Blanche Coticule (sharpen/polish/finish - dilucot method)
Strop: 0 laps (Neil Miller linen/Premium IV leather)
Überlather: TOBS "Eaton College Collection" Shave Creme + Ogallala "Bay Rum" Shave Soap/Stick + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
After Shave Balm: L'Occitane "L'Occitan" ASB
Point of this experiment: Well guys, in the next several shaves, I will be doing an experiment to correlate edge aesthetics with shave performance. I had started a thread HERE some weeks ago about this. In it (post #1), I decided to use 3 razors of the same make and (almost) same size and a couple of series of experiments to determine this (see post #41 in that thread). Rene was kind enough to volunteer three of his Geneva cutlery razors for this. I have posted the results of what the edge looks like (with the Coticule polish/finish) at 400X magnification and this SOTD outlines what I think of the actual shave. Over the next week or so, I will progress and update this thread and hopefully make an assessment of what edge I prefer and what it looks like. Here's how I will do this. Shave 1 day, take a break the next and repeat with a new honing process in the series. All variables (brush, soap, creme, etc...) will be kept the same so as not to influence the shave results.
Results: When honed up, she took on a nice edge and was super sharp and passed the HHT with flying colors. On my face, this blade felt ultra sharp. 3 passes; (1) WTG: the sharp edge cut the whiskers with ease, (2) XTG: same thing with a little more clean up, (3) ATG: the blade really cleaned up any ghosts left behind. However, there was a level of smoothness that was missing. I have come up with a new rating for this experiment. (A) Sharpness, and (B) Smoothness. Here's how I rate this shave: Sharpness: 9 or 9.5, and Smoothness: 6. If interested to see more, see this link here. I have pictures of the bevel/edge at 400X magnification. My next shave will be Monday with series 1 (#2 - which is the Coticule sharpen and Escher polish/finish).

proxy.php

Now, some of you may be wondering what those little "needle-striken" doll like toys are. Well, Rene was also kind enough to send my wife some P90X workout DVDs (Kick A**) and these represent voodoo dolls that my wife and I can use to curse (i.e., thank) Rene every time we work out (and last night we worked out and today we are hating him, LOL). Thanks buddy
proxy.php

Rene: Thank you for everything my friend
proxy.php
. You were instrumental in making this experiment happen buddy. I owe you one, BIG time...and thank you for the P90X DVDs (and the Bay Rum). Both my wife and I love them and thank you (ooops sorry...curse you,
proxy.php
).

Have a FABULOUS Saturday gentlemen
proxy.php

OUTSTANDING pic, Robert! :thumbup:

• Hot Shower/Cocoa Butter/Hot Rinse Prep
• EJ89L
• Astra Platinum (2)
• Edwin Jagger Best Badger Medium
• Van der Hagen Select Shave Soap
• Pinaud Eau de Portugal as an AS
• Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo EdT

Simpson Tulip 3
Merkur 39c
DR Harris Arlington SS
Thayer's Lemon
L;occitane l'occitan ASB

Arlington is, officially, too sweet of a scent for me. I think it might head to BST.

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE86 with Derby
Simpson "56" Best
Queen Charlotte Soap: Sandalwood
jojoba oil

Hanging out tonight at a birthday party for a friend who bought me this Simpson 56 as a groomsman gift. The 56 really is a nice little brush.

Saturday Evening

Merkur 39C with Derby blade
Straight Razor Designs West Indies Bay shaving soap
Booster Mosswood AS splash
Gucci Nobile EdT :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Valobra, Sapone per barba stick
Edwin Jagger DE89
Red Personna
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne​

proxy.php

Super shave Marco. Fabuloso :thumbup:. Arlington rocks big time.

2011.IV.09
Saturday:

EJ DE87 w/ Bleue Extra (3)
Vulfix Grosvenor boar & badger
Lavanda SC
Speick AS
[Caron Pour un Homme EdT]

Cheers,
Vasco

proxy.php

You go Vasco :thumbup:

Saturday morning:

Inspired by Marco and looking for a nice way to start off my week of holiday...

Simpson / Fitjar / Mühle / Weleda / Arlington

proxy.php

Marco does inspire a lot of folks around here :thumbup:. Well done David.

Great pic and composition, David! :thumbup1: And I think that the Arlington scent inspires a LOT of Gentlemen here on B&B... :wink2:

+1 :thumbup1:

Saturday, 9.Abr.2011

Prebarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Creme de barbear Lavanda
Mühle R89
BIC Chrome Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Weleda Baume Après Rasage
Lavanda EdT

proxy.php

beautiful shot Emanuel :thumbup:

Saturday

Music
Garth Brooks - The Hits

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 2040HD
Korff & Honsberg 7/8" "Dos Angelitos"

Software
Williams Mug Soap
Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream
Castle Forbes Lime After Shave Balm

Have a nice weekend, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Oh man...this is a gorgeous K&H Søren :thumbup:. More like a work of art than an article of shaving

Thank you, Marco! :blush:

Love your photo today as well! Soon I'll have an Arlington soap, hope I'll like it! :001_smile

You'll love the Arlington :thumbup1:. And the soaps performance: top notch. best of both worlds :thumbup:

Saturday
SOTD 09042011
L'Occitane Cade/EJ DE86/7 O'Clock Green/Lijun&1980 Finest/Old Spice Fresh Splash

proxy.php

Patrick,
Very nice :thumbup:...This is what I like to call "Romancing the Shave" :tongue_sm

Cyril R. Salter Fresh Mint - Semogue 830 - Merkur 34c - Astra SP - Dr. Harris Arlington
proxy.php

Wowww Keith :thumbup:...Nice job buddy. How do you like the CS Mint? That's the only one (i think) that I don't have

Arko / EverReady 100T / Slim Adj w/Zorrik SS / Barber's Choice Bay Rhum

Fantastic :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom