Dedicated to the men, women and children
who lost their lives; those brave people who gave their lives
And the Heroes that responded to the emergency. I will NEVER forget
[SIZE=+2]
[/SIZE]
Pre-Shave: Hot shower + Stephan's Conditioning Shave Creme
Razor: 6/8" Thiers-Issard Historic Worked back, 1/4 Hollow, Round point
Brush: 23mm Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Überlather: CarrieM Oakmoss Shave Creme + Mama Bear's Masculine Musk Shave Soap + Glycerin
Post-shave/Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
ASB: NancyBoy Replenishing AS gel
Facial Moisturizer: Trumper's Facial Moisturizer
Cologne: Ralph Lauren
Result: Super (but sad) shave.

View attachment 122537

I remember that day vividly. It was a Tuesday and was getting ready for jury duty. In the middle of preparing breakfast, I tuned the TV to CNBC and noticed they were talking about the towers. The show was nothing about the stock market. At first, I thought they were talking about a new movie release with impressive special effects...but then, 15 seconds into the coverage realized that this was real...My jaw dropped to the ground. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing. Of course, jury duty was canceled... I called family members and them my cousin who had just moved to NYC, working for an investment bank near the towers...no answer on the phone. Everyone was trying to get a hold of him. Still no answer (no emails, no cell, nothing). But thankfully, he called and said that he was OK...for some reason, he ended up planning to go to work later that day and on his way to the City, was detoured.

That day, I realized that two oceans were no longer enough to "shelter" America from those who wish it harm...The world had gotten smaller and more easily accessible.

[SIZE=+2]
[/SIZE]
Überlather: CarrieM Oakmoss Shave Creme + Mama Bear's Masculine Musk Shave Soap + Glycerin

View attachment 122537

I remember that day vividly. It was a Tuesday and was getting ready for jury duty. In the middle of preparing breakfast, I tuned the TV to CNBC and noticed they were talking about the towers. The show was nothing about the stock market. At first, I thought they were talking about a new movie release with impressive special effects...but then, 15 seconds into the coverage realized that this was real...My jaw dropped to the ground. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing. Of course, jury duty was canceled... I called family members and them my cousin who had just moved to NYC, working for an investment bank near the towers...no answer on the phone. Everyone was trying to get a hold of him. Still no answer (no emails, no cell, nothing). But thankfully, he called and said that he was OK...for some reason, he ended up planning to go to work later that day and on his way to the City, was detoured.

That day, I realized that two oceans were no longer enough to "shelter" America from those who wish it harm...The world had gotten smaller and more easily accessible.

Excellent picture and thank you for sharing your story:001_smile

In the forefront you see other important pieces of my experience. My class ring from West Point, the combat patch from 3d Infantry Division that I wear on my uniform to this day as a reservist, and an insignia of rank for a Major, my current grade.

Many people passed on that fateful day, and many more have done so in the aftermath of 9/11. Let us never forget!

Thank you for sharing. It's apparent that you put a lot of thought into that. I too am a 3ID vet with a deployment to Iraq. I was in high school on that day and in an interesting twist of fate I was in world history when the first plane hit. We didn't learn about ancient history that day, as there was modern history being made right before our eyes.

Rooney | Mitchell's Wool Fat | Livi Inox Damascus & Mammoth Ivory | Santa Maria Novella Melgrano | Santa Maria Novella Pre/Post | Divine L'Homme Sage

proxy.php

No pics sorry... but

G3 Eagle in Best
Gent's Best Sinature Soap "Chilled:
Gem 1912, with a cooncatbob custom handle
Thayer's
Gent's Best Sig AS

The Eagle Flies.... and reminds us all of the significance of this day.

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L - Blade: Merkur - Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington - Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger - Aftershave: RazoRock Alum Block​

proxy.php

6/8 Dovo Special
RupRazor "El Toro" Strop
Prairie Creations "Clubman"
Crabtree & Evelyn Pure Badger
Pinaud Clubman
Bvlgari Pour Homme

proxy.php

Great pics gentlemen! :thumbup1:

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A heart felt thank you to all who have served so we can enjoy our liberty. On that day our way of life was challenged, but we as a nation stood strong to push back that challenge...at a great cost. Freedom is not free...if you think that statement is trite you have some soul searching to do my friend.

In a way, it seems insignificant in light of the weight of the day to post my SOTD but that is what the fight for liberty is all about...so we can go on living our lives with liberty.

Robert Becker scuttle
Woods of Windsor shave soap
Vintage Old Spice long handle boar brush
Gillette Aristocrat
Wilkinson stainless

Doug

Saturday

Muhle R89 with IP
Simpson CH2 2B super
DR Harris Lavender shave soap
Thayer's Original WH
Knize Ten

I'm loving my K Ten with the cooler weather we've been having!

same shaving for the last 3 days ,ican't put theses schick injectors down ,there is near 2 month i shave only with them .

mysore sandalwood soap
crabtree & evelyn sienna
2 band finest brush
schick injector/schick blade
alun stone
pierre cardin "pour monsieur"

full

music of the day

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday

Music
H. C. Lumbye - Champagnegaloppen

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 2040HD
J. H. Potters 6/8"

Software
T&H 1805 Shaving Cream
Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel
T&H 1805 Aftershave Balm
T&H Clubman Cologne

Niceware :001_smile
The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
Alvear, Pedro Ximénez Solera 1927

Have a fantastic Saturday, Gentlemen :001_smile

F.W Söderén<>Omega 49<>TABAC<>Ogallala L&P AS<>Ogallala Bay Rum cologne​

The Söderén & it's Shapton Pro 30K edge courtesy of Tom @ jendeindustries is still going strong & insanely sharp.
The shave was once again outstanding.
4 shaves down & not a sign of the edge slowing down.

[SIZE=+2]
[/SIZE]

Nice SOTDs!

Kanayama : Revisor : Bomb Potomac : Thayer's Lavender : Nivea Sensitive : Endymion

Thank you for your service. That is truly something to be proud of :thumbup1:

Razor: British Aristocrat Junior
Blade: Crystal
Brush: Custom turned by Rudy Vey
Soap: Spieck Shave Stick
Aftershave: Alt Innsbruck

proxy.php

Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil Soap
Shavemac 177
TOBS Rose
Merkur HD
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Pinaud Clubmand
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Coral Skin Food

Erskine k-250 (great brush)
Tabac
Gillette Sensor Excel handle
Gillette Sensor blade (old stock, with the metal lead glide bar)

Great shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom