What's new

Crocs for Men

I have crocs i bought them specifically for when im working on oil rigs as night wear since flip-flops where banned by the health and safety brigade :mad3: they're light for luggage and comfy knocking around the accommodation. I also wear them now around the house and garden however public travel in them is a no no :biggrin1:

You're right, it is. I don't live on a beach, no, but neither do I wear my flip-flops out in public. They're a good around-the-house or run-to-the-mailbox kind of shoe. When I do go to a pool or the beach, or when I'm washing my car, they're also handy.

As for the Vans, they're sneakers. Sneakers are sneakers. I wear my Chucks almost daily, too. Does that mean I must be a 1920s basketball player? I grew up in the 90s rock scene, and Vans and Chucks are an indelible part of that culture, and my upbringing. I spent the last three years fronting a rock band, and would still be doing it if I hadn't moved to Virginia a couple months ago. I got engaged in my Chucks, had my engagement portraits taken in them, and got married in them.

I don't think anyone's upbringing featured Crocs as prominently.

Not criticizing, not flaming, just pointing out that, while I agree that one's choice of footwear is relative, I personally don't think that Crocs are really relevant or even necessary. There are plenty of other options out there that are equal in both comfort and ease-of-wear, without looking, frankly, so damn goofy.

I'm really not trying to stir anything up, I'm just stating my point of view. I understand that for some people, Crocs are really great. They just aren't for me, because I prefer the alternatives that are available to me.

so you think that getting married in a pair of chuck's didn't look , frankly, so damn goofy?
after reading what you have written here, I think you need to turn in your rock and roll front man card and pick up your AARP card. You sound like my father.:001_rolle
just my opinion.

OK, so possibly a little redemption for you Croc wearers. Today we visited Kokunodate Samurai Village. While there we toured the home of the highest ranking Samurai family (also the oldest continually occupied traditional Samurai home) and the man who owned the place wore Crocs outside the house, which naturally he took off before stepping onto the Tatami mat floor. I mean if a 12th Generation Stud can wear them?

Nah, he's an old man what does he know. :lol::lol:

OK, so possibly a little redemption for you Croc wearers. Today we visited Kokunodate Samurai Village. While there we toured the home of the highest ranking Samurai family (also the oldest continually occupied traditional Samurai home) and the man who owned the place wore Crocs outside the house, which naturally he took off before stepping onto the Tatami mat floor. I mean if a 12th Generation Stud can wear them?

:lol::lol:

I suspect it was an "Oh, they're American, they must be good" phenomenon. He can be excused... until his error is pointed out. I recommend him being away from any sharp object tho.... shooting the messenger and all.

I suspect it was an "Oh, they're American, they must be good" phenomenon. He can be excused... until his error is pointed out. I recommend him being away from any sharp object tho.... shooting the messenger and all.

Actually I don't think they were actual brand name Crocs but some local knock-offs. :lol::lol:

John Wayne wore buttless chaps.

Doesn't make them acceptable

:lol:

I bought my first pair a few weeks ago after hearing they help with foot and back problems... really... that's the only reason why I bought them... really...

I wouldn't wear the standard type but got a great pair of flip flops from their website last summer for $9 shipped.

Their financial troubles worked out well for me :thumbup1:

Top Bottom