Shave#113 of 366 remaining 253(100%)

Razor:
RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: GSB (10)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band
Soap: MdC Tabac
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight (without photo) I decided to give the Lupo a try with the GSB and Tabac, at least I am back in 3017 territory because three days away from it almost felt like a lifetime. The Lupo has never been my favourite razor in the fifteen months I have owned it, but in the last couple of months I have certainly found it to give solid performances and to be a worthwhile addition to the den.
Though todays shave didn't quite finish with a BBS it was still an excellent shave.

IMG_0668.jpeg

Guerrilla (OG) • Feather • Rhodium • Aion

115 of 115
SOTD: 04/24/2024

Razor: Blackland Titanium Blackbird
Blade: Nacet , 1st use
Brush: Rudy Vey Persian Jar - Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip 2 Band Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Mugseco Custom Lather Bowl Bowl
Soap: MdC Rose Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Aftershave
Additional Care: Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle
Additional Care: Dickenson’s WH
1713962258138.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, April 24th 2024. # 115 of 366 daily consecutive daily shaves.

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 316 SSP head with a Yaqi handle. Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent design + machining and finish QC. I receive some excellent shaves consistently with the Lupo.72 and checks all the boxes I enjoy with a excellent razor. I had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (2) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Taylor of Bond street(TOBS)Herbal Sandalwood. Very enjoyable Herbal scented sandalwood with excellent lather qualities. Very nice scented soap and one of my favorite scents and performers of excellence.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum and sandalwood splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 with a Gillette Perma- sharp blade.
SOTD April 24 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Date24.04.2024
366 daily shaves
115/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette UK Postwar TechKCG China (5)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (97)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Small redness)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7/10
(DFS)
7/10 (Comfortable)

Notes:

Summary. An easy shave today with purposely avoiding BBS to give my skin a little rest.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240424_131129.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#114 of 366 remaining 252(100%)

Razor:
RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: GSB (11)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band
Soap: MdC Tabac
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight I repeated last nights shave (this time with a picture) only I didn't have as much time as last night so I had to rush a little. Whilst I am not over enthusiastic about the scent, this version of Tabac is a good performer (if anyone can tell me whether a stick bought in early 2021 is tallow or reformulated I'd be grateful). The shave was good, but as I was in a hurry I left myself with a tiny cut at the side of my mouth, my fault entirely. Not quite a BBS on the neck, but good none the less.

Wednesday 24th April, shave #115

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Nivea Men Shaving Creme
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Used Nivea cream for a change. It got late, so had an autopilot shave with minimal tidy-up. It probably qualifies as a DFS.

The Lupo has never been my favourite razor in the fifteen months I have owned it, but in the last couple of months I have certainly found it to give solid performances and to be a worthwhile addition to the den.

I wondered if the cut-away corners of the head were a significant design improvement over the Game Changer — what do people think?

The GC makes a good enough job of under nose tidy-up, once you're used to it.

116 of 116
SOTD: 04/25/2024

Razor: Blackland Titanium Blackbird
Blade: Nacet , 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Best Badger
Bowl: Mugseco Custom Lather Bowl Bowl
Soap: MdC Rose Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave
Additional Care: Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle
Additional Care: Dickenson’s WH
1714049199123.png

Top Bottom