What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

It probably won't help, but here are the stats that I had for single edge blades.

BladeHow many shavesHow many BladesAverage
Feather SE113
Injector Personna Single3949.75
Injector Schick109618.16666667
Personna SE125148.928571429

A few items that I need to point out:
  • I always do a 3 passes shave (WTG-ATG-ATG)
  • When it comes to the Personna SE or Injector, I have different razors, so they won't provide the same quantity of shaves
  • I've noticed recently that I'm not always getting the same number of shaves when I filter for a specific razor/blade. I'm getting less. I might become more sensitive, I don't know
You know, the usual, YMMV!
Thanks Luc!! You have given me a good idea to sift through my last years shaves to figure out average blade usage on some of my favourites!

Open tucks, open tucks
only a few seem to give two -----
about open tucks, open tucks

Sorry, it just happened, now I cant get it out of my head.
giphy-24.gif

Boris, what are you doing up so early? My blade factory doesn't offer tours until 9 AM. :letterk1:

Corn dogs $2.00
Draft beers $3.50
Chili cheese fries $6.95
Funnel cakes $2.50
Deep fried alligator tail bites $5.95
Eric's Carolina Reaper wings...free, if you can eat at least 6 of them, otherwise $2.00 each
Woke up a bit early. Up around 5am normally though. Now why are you up this early.... ah you have to prep the blade machines for today's work.

I didn't know you had a cafeteria at the blade factory but it makes sense. I'll have some if those carolina reaper wings. They ought to wake me up. Do you have any white castle to wash them down with?

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Arlington
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
Lord Cool 2
Chubby 1 Super
1000005460.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

It was a great shave after a bit of a miserable 2 days. I am little stressed lately. I received an email from my boss yesterday scheduling a 1 on 1 meeting. This is the first time he has scheduled something like that with me. Also invited to this meeting is my in country manager. I did follow up with my boss, asking if I should be concerned and received a vague reply along the lines of there are a lot of changes afoot and he would fill me in at the meeting. I could be over reacting but, I have had something similar to this happen in 2020 which resulted in the ending of a 28 year career. Keep your fingers crossed that its because somebody else is leaving business and that I have more work to pick up. I am trying to stay cup half full here 🍻.

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
DR Harris Arlington
Tabac
WR1 .74 OC
Lord Cool 2
Chubby 1 Super
View attachment 1827235
Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

It was a great shave after a bit of a miserable 2 days. I am little stressed lately. I received an email from my boss yesterday scheduling a 1 on 1 meeting. This is the first time he has scheduled something like that with me. Also invited to this meeting is my in country manager. I did follow up with my boss, asking if I should be concerned and received a vague reply along the lines of there are a lot of changes afoot and he would fill me in at the meeting. I could be over reacting but, I have had something similar to this happen in 2020 which resulted in the ending of a 28 year career. Keep your fingers crossed that its because somebody else is leaving business and that I have more work to pick up. I am trying to stay cup half full here 🍻.
I’ll keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Maybe it’s a door opening to better days ahead.

Top Bottom