What's new

Yet another Personna / AccuTec thread.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was shocked at how bad the Personna blades made in Germany were for me, as I've mentioned previously.... I tried a couple of them and binned them. I've always held German manufacturing in high regard so I was surprised. It could have just been a bad lot, of course. There are people here who prefer the German Personnas...

I was shocked at how bad the Personna blades made in Germany were for me, as I've mentioned previously.... I tried a couple of them and binned them. I've always held German manufacturing in high regard so I was surprised. It could have just been a bad lot, of course. There are people here who prefer the German Personnas...
Only ones I use are the Lab Blues or Med Prep

I too was surprised at how much of a drop off there was in comparison to the Israeli Platinums
Of course, I was naive enough to purchase 100 of the German made blades due to me liking their predecessor so much.
I'm curious to give them another shot after FFFMM, well because I have +90 of these things...

I like Crystals better than the Platinum (G), but not better than the Platinum (I) or Med-Preps

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Holy poop…. Thought I’d check out some AccuForge Microcoat blades to see if they are as good as Lab Blues. At Razor Emporium, they are more than twice the price.

I think I will order more Lab Blues from Amazon while they still have them at $32/200. I only need another 600. Unless I’m still using DE blades when I’m 103.

Are the Blue Personna Platinum the same as the new Personna Comfort Coated?

The blue platinums are the ones that were made in Israel and now Germany, correct?

All of these seem to be referred to as “Lab Blues”. That nickname makes things confusing

Personna confuses people. It's part of their brand identity. :D

Many websites have out of date pictures to make things even more confusing.

For recent Lab Blues, they will come in a box of 100, made in Verona, VA, USA. The box will be smaller than a couple of decks of playing cards. Blades will be individually wrapped in white paper. The printing on the blade will be like a laser etching on one side only, instead of black ink, using a small font "Personna Super and Personna Made in USA". No arrows or other markings.

1710171622459.png

I have bought these as low as $13.50 per box within the last year. They are a good smooth blade that lasts longer than average.

Last edited:
Holy poop…. Thought I’d check out some AccuForge Microcoat blades to see if they are as good as Lab Blues. At Razor Emporium, they are more than twice the price.

I think I will order more Lab Blues from Amazon while they still have them at $32/200. I only need another 600. Unless I’m still using DE blades when I’m 103.
They are the exact same blade made in the same factory. When the current Personna supply gets used up I would expect other purchase options to become available.

I just received my order of Personna comfort coated lab blues from Amazon. The box was immaculate with all the correct info. Even referencing accutech and the Personna item number BP9020 however there was not one stamp on any of the blades. Each blade was individually wrapped in white paper. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I get fakes? Haven’t used one yet but I will on Thursday

I just received my order of Personna comfort coated lab blues from Amazon. The box was immaculate with all the correct info. Even referencing accutech and the Personna item number BP9020 however there was not one stamp on any of the blades. Each blade was individually wrapped in white paper. Has anyone else experienced this? Did I get fakes? Haven’t used one yet but I will on Thursday
IMG_2138.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 10
Hey Owen. I don’t know if this is helpful. Here are pics of personas I bought many years ago. So it might not even equate. But the box side panel does say “comfort coated”, and the blade itself is stamped.

Attachments

• IMG_8257.jpeg
    IMG_8257.jpeg
    828.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8258.jpeg
    IMG_8258.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8259.jpeg
    IMG_8259.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Hey Owen. I don’t know if this is helpful. Here are pics of personas I bought many years ago. So it might not even equate. But the box side panel does say “comfort coated”, and the blade itself is stamped.
Thanks, those are the exact old ones I have. I also have a newer box exactly like my new one but the blades are stamped just like yours in the picture. I never seen unstamped Personnas. I’m wondering if they’re fake. But the box has all the right numbers on it and looks 100% legit. Can the QC of Personna be that bad that they are missing blades stamps or can this be something new?

Thanks, those are the exact old ones I have. I also have a newer box exactly like my new one but the blades are stamped just like yours in the picture. I never seen unstamped Personnas. I’m wondering if they’re fake. But the box has all the right numbers on it and looks 100% legit. Can the QC of Personna be that bad that they are missing blades stamps or can this be something new?

They should be laser etched on one side only, no ink, no arrows, wrapped in white paper. They changed the process a few years ago. Everything in your pictures matches what I received in the 100 pack I got in the last 12 months.

I think the majority of websites out there have incorrect or out-of-date photos. This is the more current appearance:

1710911739253.png

Brand new production date on box. They have to be legit I think. I opened the box so I could take out 5 random blades and saw the production date. All 5 blades were stampless. I even took a light and looked at every angle just in case it was a very light markings but can see nothing. Those pictures are from both sides of the blade.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpeg
    IMG_2141.jpeg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2142.jpeg
    IMG_2142.jpeg
    981.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Brand new production date on box. They have to be legit I think. I opened the box so I could take out 5 random blades and saw the production date. All 5 blades were stampless. I even took a light and looked at every angle just in case it was a very light markings but can see nothing. Those pictures are from both sides of the blade.

This bugged me a little, so I went and looked at mine in more detail! :D

There are some differences. Mine have the date laser etched on the blade "06/14/23". The date is only on one side, but "Personna Super" and "Personna Made in USA" is actually laser etched on both sides.

The model number is the same, but the bar code is different: "8 43328 10453 5". Printing is slightly different: "Distributed by Fromm International" and "2020 AccuTec Blades, Inc.". Date stamped inside the box: "07 10 23 1".

I bought these from a barber supply shop.

Well… I think they’re legit. Got an irritation free 2 pass BBS shave this morning with my EJ DE89 and this blade. Hopefully the next 3 shaves are the same. I’ll keep you abreast after my 4th and see how they fair. If anyone else gets unstamped blades let me know.

Top Bottom