What's new

Lambda Athena

IMG_9495.jpeg

The King of Smooth Operator …. 🤘

I agree with you, it was better to spend time on the supports than on the boxes with the only difference being "the writing on the material" but we'll see...if they will be of different colors etc.
I hope so, otherwise it's just a waste of time... you can't send a razor in a temporary box "I'm referring to the SS models"
The SS box will be a different, lighter coloured wood, Theo told me.

As to why Theo insists on a box, not a stand, he has told me before that throughout this project his drive has been to make razors that are not just another razor, and not like all the others. The box is part of that. It’s obviously essential to him that he differentiates his razors in multiple ways like this, and I got the sense that he wouldn’t be making razors at all if he didn’t feel he was offering something different.

We can like the box or not like the box, but I think it is unlikely to change. Judging from the comments throughout this thread, I think pretty much all of us are very happy with the price of the razor regardless, and we aren’t being overcharged because of something some of us wouldn’t choose.

Personally I love having the Lambda box, but only because it is pretty much unique to Lambda and the razors are special enough to justify it. I would hate it if every razor maker started supplying boxes, like they do with fountain pens or watches. It becomes a massive space hog and you feel you can’t throw them away because you might sell it some day and the buyer would want the original box.

Last edited:
The SS box will be a different, lighter coloured wood, Theo told me.

As to why Theo insists on a box, not a stand, he has told me before that throughout this project his drive has been to make razors that are not just another razor, and not like all the others. The box is part of that. It’s obviously essential to him that he differentiates his razors in multiple ways like this, and I got the sense that he wouldn’t be making razors at all if he didn’t feel he was offering something different.

We can like the box or not like the box, but I think it is unlikely to change. Judging from the comments throughout this thread, I think pretty much all of us are very happy with the price of the razor regardless, and we aren’t being overcharged because of something some of us wouldn’t choose.

Personally I love having the Lambda box, but only because it is pretty much unique to Lambda and the razors are special enough to justify it. I would hate it if every razor maker started supplying boxes, like they do with fountain pens or watches. It becomes a massive space hog and you feel you can’t throw them away because you might sell it some day and they buyer would want the original box.
I'm glad to hear it Sir, surely Theo will do a great job

I don’t think I am a fan of matte titanium.
Being a titanium guy I'd have to agree with you on this one but I still just can't get with that handle!! It is very high on the chart of hideous to me, but what do I know? As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but if it had a different handle and I wasn't forced to buy the box with the razor I would probably have bought one by now!!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Who here wants the Ti version in that finish?

I declare it DOA. The Brass and often requested Steel versions are much better.

Sure, someone might love it, but I dare to say few will rather take it than the Brass or Steel version.

Top Bottom