What's new

Is it me or the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that information guy. I'll try Vivaldi but I hate to switch browsers. I have so many bookmarks and whatnot with Duck Duck Go.

Thanks for that information guy. I'll try Vivaldi but I hate to switch browsers. I have so many bookmarks and whatnot with Duck Duck Go.

I keep several browsers installed on my tablet, and only use Vivaldi for "problem" sites, and Duck Duck Go for everything else.

Vivaldi has a "Speed Dial" feature that allows you to launch the browser with a page that loads thumbnails (bookmarks) to your preferred sites. From your home screen you are two clicks away from an ad-free B&B.

I keep several browsers installed on my tablet, and only use Vivaldi for "problem" sites, and Duck Duck Go for everything else.

Vivaldi has a "Speed Dial" feature that allows you to launch the browser with a page that loads thumbnails (bookmarks) to your preferred sites. From your home screen you are two clicks away from an ad-free B&B.

Good idea. Maybe I'll try that.

This is by far the most difficult web site that I use. Sometimes my screen is completely covered with stuff that won't move. Like this:
Image8750601219518058285.jpg
Some days I give up trying to see around the ads and try again the next day. Not complaining, only stating my experience on a Pixel phone using the Duck.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This is by far the most difficult web site that I use. Sometimes my screen is completely covered with stuff that won't move. Like this: View attachment 1717829Some days I give up trying to see around the ads and try again the next day. Not complaining, only stating my experience on a Pixel phone using the Duck.
There are several work arounds listed in this thread. Give them a try.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Too many ads. It’s become a pain to fight off the pop up ads
Many here are viewing the site without being a contributor and without seeing ads.
There are solutions, many which have been laid out in other feedback threads on alternative browsers and free ad blocking software for your browser.
We can't personally come out to a residence to load it up for those who have difficulty, but there would certainly be no issue with asking those familiar with the means to describe their methodology if asked.

I personally do not understand why some members insist upon repeatedly posting in this forum about the difficulties with ads, having been given numerous solutions on numerous occasions, and having been told numerous times that there is nothing we can do about the ad experience for members.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Golly. I’m sorry. I won’t complain again.
It's really not the complaining per se, I get it - there's plenty to complain about.
It's that it's repetitive. We usually are very quick to look when a new message pops up in feedback as it may be an operational issue we need to look at.
To come in to check and see that it's another ad gripe, by people who have already posted ad gripes ad infinitum, is disappointing because we want to help with issues raised here, but in the case of ads, there's not a darn thing we can do about it.

Thanks to the recommendations here I switched browser on my Pixel phone to Firefox from Duck. I added ublock origins and privacy badger. The unusable play button is now gone. Thank you.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Best yet. I wonder what "Swarmify" means? They're the latest site improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom