What's new

Anyone listen to Podcasts.

Anyone else listen to podcasts? I recently discovered them, and really getting into listening to them during my daily commute and at home while I'm doing other things. I like them because they are unedited, and I can pause them and come back to them later, and very limited commercials(that you can fast forward).

There are tons of excellent ones that I subscribe to such as: This American Life, Radiolab, Freakonomics Radio, Stuff You Should Know, The Nerdist, Hardcore History, Star Talk with Neil Degrasse Tyson. Also some good ones by comedians like Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, The Adam Corolla show, *** with Marc Maron.

Check them out if your getting sick of local radio or looking to expand your horizons. A lot of good stuff out there.

On the computer/internet?

Well they are technically on the internet, but I stream them from my phone from an Iphone app. I also stream them from my Sonos speakers from my home. There are tons of podcast apps out there where you subscribe to a station and they will update each time a new episode comes out...currently just using the Apple one called "Podcasts".

Well they are technically on the internet, but I stream them from my phone from an Iphone app. I also stream them from my Sonos speakers from my home. There are tons of podcast apps out there where you subscribe to a station and they will update each time a new episode comes out...currently just using the Apple one called "Podcasts".

Thanks.

I listen to a few comedy podcasts during my work commute and on roadtrips
Stop Podcasting Yourself is my favourite, but anything from the Maximum Fun network will provide hours of value (and all their podcasts, including their back catalogue are free, unlike many.)

Last edited:
It's about all I've listened to in the car for about the last two years. Got fed up with listening to nothing but ads on the radio.

Anyone else listen to podcasts? I recently discovered them, and really getting into listening to them during my daily commute and at home while I'm doing other things. I like them because they are unedited, and I can pause them and come back to them later, and very limited commercials(that you can fast forward).

There are tons of excellent ones that I subscribe to such as: This American Life, Radiolab, Freakonomics Radio, Stuff You Should Know, The Nerdist, Hardcore History, Star Talk with Neil Degrasse Tyson. Also some good ones by comedians like Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, The Adam Corolla show, *** with Marc Maron.

Check them out if your getting sick of local radio or looking to expand your horizons. A lot of good stuff out there.

I listen to most of these you listed. I can recommend Caustic Soda. It's similar to Stuff You Should Know.

I used to listen to Car Talk, PC Gamer, and a few others when I had an IPhone. I ended up listening to Audible during commutes when my wife isn't in the car.

I do like podcasts, but the good ones are too few and far between to find something decent.

I'll try some of your suggestions to see if I can get back into it! Any other suggestions?

Irreligiosophy, Cognitive Dissonance, and The Moth. Those are my podcasts of choice when I have time to listen (which is becoming less and less often!)

Skeptic's Guide to the Universe (sciencey)
The Science Show (Australian Radio National)
Quirks and Quarks (CBC science show)
The Jodcast (astronomy)
Monster Talk (show about various monsters from a skeptical perspective)
99% Invisible (design, architecture and culture)
Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jillette telling stories...NSFW)
BloggingHeads TV (politics/culture/current events...audio version of a videocast) I really like this one. They try to get two people on opposing sides of a subject, but it's not Crossfire. They talk with and not at each other, and for long enough to get deep into issues. It's the most civil politics discussion platfiorm I know of. Most of the participants know each other and are friendly even if on opposite sides.

Adam Carolla, Kevin Pollack's Chat Show, Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, the infrequently produced Norm MacDonald Live and Ace of Spades HQ.

Weird. I seem to listen to shows hosted by people with grating to annoying voices...

Nobody Likes Onions. Been listening to it since it began over 8 years ago. There are no other podcasts....all others pale into insignificance.....I'm kinda brainwashed.

Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jillette telling stories...NSFW)

I was wondering if there was another member on the congregation around here. :)

One of my favorite podcasts just because it is so freaking hilarious.

Have you ever tried Matt & Mattingly's Ice Cream Social? It's a spinoff of PSS. Extremely NSFW, but pants-poopingly hilarious!

CultCast
This Week in Tech
Today in Tech
iMore Show
Macbreak Weekly
Philosophy Bites
Philosophize This
The Partially Examined Life
BYU Sports Nation
Mustache and Blade Podcast
Paranormal Podcast
Common Sense with Dan Carlin
ESPN Championship Drive
Hardcore History
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir

I listen to Hollywood Babble On regularly, as well as Jay and Silet Bob Get Old and some of the other Kevin Smith podcasts on occassion. I know that they're too vulgar/off color for some, but sometimes I need some real immature humor.

You bet!

This American Life
Serial
Death, Sex & Money
Slate Political Gabfest
NPR Planet Money

+100 for Serial! Do yourselves a favour and catch up on this one, only 6 episodes so far.
It was my introduction to the world of podcasts, now I'm also listening to:
The Infinite Monkey Cage
The Partially Examined Life
Radiolab

and an offbeat one: Welcome to Night Vale

Top Bottom