What's new

That's IT! NO MORE!

After twenty soaps :shocked:, a handful of creams, a dozen aftershaves, and five brushes :frown2:, I'm drawing the line. Right HERE. I'm not placing any more orders (the one just sent off to QED doesn't count--that one's before the line). I have enough razor blades to last a bit under a year, so it should be at least that long before I have to place an order. I'm saying it here so you guys can be my witnesses. If you see some post of mine longing for some stupid soap or brush, please discourage me. Remind me that a grown man should have some self-control! Back me up on this!

I shall now be at peace with my shave den. :yinyang:

Oh man, I just placed an order and it felt soooooo good! I can't believe how awesome it is to place an order!!

Good luck with your quest!

Good luck with this, brother. Best way I've found to stop spending (as much) money on shaving stuff? Have a kid, and watch your wife stay home. Fund times, but it puts a real hurtin' on the wallet!

After twenty soaps :shocked:, a handful of creams, a dozen aftershaves, and five brushes :frown2:, I'm drawing the line. Right HERE. I'm not placing any more orders (the one just sent off to QED doesn't count--that one's before the line). I have enough razor blades to last a bit under a year, so it should be at least that long before I have to place an order. I'm saying it here so you guys can be my witnesses. If you see some post of mine longing for some stupid soap or brush, please discourage me. Remind me that a grown man should have some self-control! Back me up on this!

Just posted in Vegas - Odds are :thumbup1:50 - 50:thumbdown ..... Good luck

My Progress is no longer doing the job, so I need a ... oops, I forgot I had three other newish razors in the drawer. Feather Stainless, you're like a siren in the night beckoning me to your charms. I must resist!

P.S. I empathize.

You only have two razors? You didn't bother to find out that you could be getting the best shaves of your life with a Red Tip, or a Slant, or a Fatboy or an Aristocrat, or a 23C or a 12C, or a 38C.....
I give you three months before you fold :tongue_sm

First, I think a lot of you guys didn't provide enough emotional support. Second, when you get a chance to buy some AoS stuff 50% off, it's foolish not to take it. Third, there was a deal on Iridium supers, and I had to stock up. Fourth, EJ classic medium horn looks really good, and the 15% off thing ends in a couple of days. Fifth, I did not get any additional soaps, so I held my ground there.

:closedeye

First, I think a lot of you guys didn't provide enough emotional support. Second, when you get a chance to buy some AoS stuff 50% off, it's foolish not to take it. Third, there was a deal on Iridium supers, and I had to stock up. Fourth, EJ classic medium horn looks really good, and the 15% off thing ends in a couple of days. Fifth, I did not get any additional soaps, so I held my ground there.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for you Vlad but you was very, very low on blades (under a year!? Are you over 75 years old or so?) and if none of those few pucks of yours was a decent 1kg brick I can provide you with reason #6; you were almost out of stock!

Wow. This was a quick turnaround. Better luck next year.

-Andy

No soaps yet?
I am thinking of ordering this,
proxy.php

:devil2:

^

Don't forget about the Eucris shaving soap that's available now. Consider yourself enabled. :biggrin:

-Andy

Last edited:

I'll bet that you haven't tried the Queen Charlotte soaps yet.

Do yourself a favor and try one, if you don't like it, I will buy it from you.

How's that fro an offer ?

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything else until I actually needed too, which was at least a year. I was full of good intentions. Then there I was last night, in Sainsburys and they had the Sainsbury branded Dorco blades and could I resists? No.

Your should try a Gillette red tip. One of my favorite razors! Oh, I support you by the way.:laugh:

No, no. The RAD never got to me. I bought a slim in addition to my EJ because I needed a backup and I wanted to try an adjustable. But there's no itch for me to try other razors. It's soaps and brushes that are my smack.

Top Bottom