Dates in Production: 1951-1952
Type: DE, TTO
Weight: 36-46 g
Description: Variation of the 40's Style Super Speed with a black plastic TTO knob. The Black Tip was produced with an aluminum handle, or a steel handle. These were made in this way due to a brass shortage at the time. Aluminum and steel handles are most easily differentiated by viewing the upper part of the handle, or by testing with a magnet.
Notes of Interest: Handle and head variety is not solely limited to those listed below. A razor stamped W-4 could have either an aluminum or steel handle, and examples have also been found with steel parts in the razor head.
From Maxime D.
From Mr Razor:
- 1951 (W2): 48-g, steel handle with nickel plated head
- 1951 (W3): 43-g, aluminum handle with nickel-plated shoulder
- 1951 (W4): 46-g, steel handle with nickel-plated head
- 1952 (X1): 39-g, aluminum handle
- 1952 (X3): 45-g, steel handle with steel baseplate
- 1951 (W4): 39-g, Aluminum handle
- 1952 (X2): 46-g, Steel handle with Nickel plated head
Aluminum X1 on left, Steel handle W4 on right
This page has been seen 20,925 times.
- Created byLast updated by