Dates in Production: 1951-1952
Type: DE, TTO
Weight: 36-46 g
Description: Variation of the 40's Style Super Speed with a black plastic TTO knob. The Black Tip was produced with an aluminum handle, or a steel handle. These were made in this way due to a brass shortage at the time. Aluminum and steel handles are most easily differentiated by viewing the upper part of the handle, or by testing with a magnet.
Notes of Interest: Handle and head variety is not solely limited to those listed below. A razor stamped W-4 could have either an aluminum or steel handle, and examples have also been found with steel parts in the razor head.
From Maxime D.
From Mr Razor:
- 1951 (W2): 48-g, steel handle with nickel plated head
- 1951 (W3): 43-g, aluminum handle with nickel-plated shoulder
- 1951 (W4): 46-g, steel handle with nickel-plated head
- 1952 (X1): 39-g, aluminum handle
- 1952 (X3): 45-g, steel handle with steel baseplate
Aluminum X1 on left, Steel handle W4 on right
This page has been seen 18,899 times.
- Created byLast updated by
The 7th Annual Sue Moore Auction is right around the corner. Every year members donate items for auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. If you'd like to support this worthy cause please click here to donate an item for auction: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forms/auction-donation-form.1/respond