What's new

Your favorite Brandy and/or Cognac

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As suggested from a previous attempt to learn more about Brandy and Cognacs, what's your favorite?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Nortac:
My favorite is Hine VSOP! :thumbsup:

1574032079247.jpeg
"All Cognac’s are Brandy...but not all Brandy’s are Cognac". CBJ

My "everyday" favorites (the ones in my living room) are Remy Martin VSOP and Hennessy VS (it has a very subtle chocolate flavor in there). My wife once gave me an advent calendar with a different sample of cognac for each of 24 days. She gets me. None of those samples saw February.

Kelt cognac XO may be my favorite cognac ever, but it is about $170 for 750 ml, so not an everyday drink. I really like Kelt VSOP. It is about $80 a bottle so closer to everyday, but quite there.

Kirkland (Costco) XO is about $50, and more like an everyday cognac. I would use it to make sidecars and the like, as well as sipping it straight.

On the apple brandy/Calvados front, I think Laird's 100 proof bottled-in-bond, is wonderful, and around $32 where I am. I am not impressed with other Laird expressions.

I do not think any real Calvados I have tried has been bad, but I have not tried that many. The least expensive Daron, a Pays d'Age Calvados, seems wonderful. Very applely. About $40, I think.

The Copper & Kings apple and grape American brandys seem okay, but not great, as much as I wanted them to be.

For the money: Hennessy Privilege (VSOP) & Remy Martin 1738. Don’t forget Armagnac, I have a couple Delords 25 & 30 yo’s that are outstanding for the $$.

Top Bottom