What's new

Yatagan

An interesting scent for sure and not for everyone. I think some people are immediately turned off by the celery bang (wormwood?) at the top - it certainly is unique and gets your attention. I like its top notes - can you think of anything that opens up like that? - but it gets even better after an hour or so when it becomes very earthy with clear pine needle and vetiver/grass notes. Some have also written about its leather note and I do get this although it's in the background on me. I love it.

I wouldn't know a "celery bang" if it went off in my hat - fantastic phrase, Bill! - but I do love this stuff. The pine needles & grass I perceive... and I really dig.

I suppose there is enough controversy (good controversy - it ain't PLV, after all) ...enough controversy here so that members who haven't tried this will be intrigued to buy it off others who hate it. (I got mine from Prof.Chaos - if I recall correctly, Henry hated the celery...!)

One almost can't lose with Yatagan!

I've been wearing Yatagan for two days now, and as I get accustomed to the scent, I find I quite like it. It seems to last pretty long on me too, which is something I can't say for most scents I own.

Pity they don't seem to make other Yatagan products?

I've been wearing Yatagan for two days now, and as I get accustomed to the scent, I find I quite like it. It seems to last pretty long on me too, which is something I can't say for most scents I own.

Pity they don't seem to make other Yatagan products?

I guess they used to make aftershave. Vintage only tho.

Top Bottom