What's new

Williams mug

Thank you all for the feedback and tips, I will definitely make use of them and this site. I’ll get back into shaving once my face has healed and with a soft brush.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
+1 for Gillette Pure. Easy to find, and can be used with or without brush.
I would second this. It serves two purposes (purposii?) (And it's also low cost and widely available.

1. Different Soap with Brush to see if problem goes away. (If this works, the soap was the problem)
2. Different Soap with NO Brush to see if problem goes away. (If this works, but number 1 did not, it's the brush and you can get a different brush and try Williams another time)

If neither help, then it's an ingredient in the soap. There is a good chance it's number one unless you have a steel wire like brush and are scrubbing like you're trying to remove rust off steel.

Hey, and welcome. Cool that you are starting out with wet shaving.

UPDATE:: ...and now that I've read completely, it was the brush. Good that you identified it. Boars are good once you break 'em in, but I could never like them, let alone love them. Badger or horse are my go to and synthetic next, then a whisk broom, and then a straw broom, and then a steel wire brush and then finally boar ;) Ok, boar is way better than I make it out to be, but just not for me.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the feedback and tips, I will definitely make use of them and this site. I’ll get back into shaving once my face has healed and with a soft brush.
To break in the boar quicker try putting the brush in a glass (bristles down) and fill it with water until below the knot.

leave it in the fridge for 1 to 3 days. I find my brush is the softest at the third day.

after 1 to 3 days , take it out and rinse and dry it out. your bristles will have the split ends.

Top Bottom