What's new

Where to go for a custom solid brass handle?

The title says it all. I have a vintage Gillette New LC, and while I love the head itself, the handle is way too short, light, slippery, narrow, and generally cumbersome for me to be useful. It should be made of solid brass and needs a threaded end that is more narrow than normal since most aftermarket handles won't screw down anyway. I have a stainless handle I'd like copied so it shouldn't be too hard for a skilled person to do it (I am not that person). Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
From your username I would guess this is probably not what you are looking for BUT, Charcoal Goods has a bunch of nice looking brass and copper handles in their store right now as I think they are moving and have suspended production for the time being. In fact I think the handles are all they have left. They are very nice looking but I have no idea if they would suit what you are searching for in terms of a more narrow, threaded end. I would assume they would fit a vintage Gillette New LC.

My guess is that if you hire a craftsman to produce you a single handle your going to pay a price similar to or higher that some of these that are currently available, but who knows? Good luck with your search.

@BudgetShaverGuy
You might look into TiBam handles over on ebay. He just relisted a few variations in brass recently and if you see something in another material that catches your eye he can do it in brass as well. He's easily contacted on ebay and DFS.

Thank you all for your responses. For some reason the only notification I got was from the post by @muzichead. I thought no one replied to this thread.

I ended up going with a ball end replica from RE. I know they have a bad reputation around here but it was cheap enough so I figured what the heck.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Thank you all for your responses. For some reason the only notification I got was from the post by @muzichead. I thought no one replied to this thread.

I ended up going with a ball end replica from RE. I know they have a bad reputation around here but it was cheap enough so I figured what the heck.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I'm very happy with my brass ball end handle for my old type.

Top Bottom