What's new

Where is it made and what is it made of?

Hi,

After looking more into materials, I decided to contact some vendors and manufacturers for a month-long research of sorts. You can sticky and fill/add to the thread, or you can create a wiki page (I don't know how). Please, add info to this thread so it can be of use to someone else looking for information in the way like I was. The info must be 100% accurate in a sense that it came from either a respected vendor or better yet a manufacturer himself.

Let's begin our journey. :)

Mühle R41/89:

Where: The manufacturer stated that razors are made in their factory almost in entirety. This suggests that parts of manufacturing are outsourced (considering how most of their promo videos are about brushers, I'd say the heads are manufactured somewhere outside Germany).

What: A metal alloy covered with chrome, however, the threads are brass, which notably prolongues your razor's life, as the threads on the head are usually the first to go.

Edwin Jagger:

Where: According to the dizzy info from EJ via FB, it seems that either the heads are outsourced, or everything is outsorced and only chromed/assembled in Sheffield.

What: Completely from metal alloy covered in chrome.

DOVO Merkur:

Where: They said directly that their razors are entirely produced in their factory near Solingen.

What: The heavier razors are brass handles + zinc&chrome head. The threads on three pieces are brass, and zamak on two piece razors, according to Merkur.

Giesen & Forsthoff Timor:

Where: They directly stated their three-piece models are made in Solingen, while not talking about their TTO models, which seem to be rebranded Bailis and Weishis.

What: Completely zamak head + stainless steel handle. The heads can be purchased separately for 20 €.

Parker:

Where: India.

What: Brass handle + horribly plated zamak head (only their 3-pieces)

Fatip:

Where: Made in Premana, Italy.

What: 100% brass and chrome/nickel plated.

Carry on...

Last edited:
Top Bottom