What's new

What Animal have you seen in the wild, that was a rarity for you ?

Cumberland Island (GA, 2001) feral hogs, long-standing problem.
from old roll of film

cumberland island 2001 362.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've got 4 or five Great Horned Owls that I hear every morning just before sun up. Try as I may, I can't find them or get a pic. I know I'm looking right at them as they are REALLY close, but I just can't get a picture of the sneaky buggers!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I saw a wild turkey. I was actually surprised because it wasn’t on my want to see list. Only seen one my entire life.
Those darned birds are notorious for ignoring the list. :lol1:
They are pretty fun to watch though, they cut through my yard all day long going to and fro from wherever it is they spend the biggest part of the day. They never sound off in the yard (probably because there's no cover I would guess) but as soon as they are in the woods - what a racket!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
My only close encounter was when I used to travel to Northern California for work. I was out side my room grabbing a smoke and heard the sound of nails tapping on the road. I look around the corner expecting to see a dog and came face to face with a skunk. I hightailed it into my room lol. I live in urban Hawaii so the only wildlife are birds and geckos.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just snapped this pic a couple of hours ago on a walk. There are flocks of them roaming everywhere up where I live.

View attachment 1334970
Same here. LOL, not sure I posted this, but my neighbor two doors down has a pair of domestic turkeys that visit me every so often...
IMG_20210915_125524657~2.jpg

The wild ones know that hunting season is starting soon, so I only see them lately at the wood lines in the bean fields.

My nephew north of me posted a video to Fakebook of a couple Jake's knocking on his windows last week as his kids were getting ready for skool!

Top Bottom