What's new

Versace L'Homme

Any love out there for this one? I like it.

1676582289960.png

Classic 80s scent. Brings to mind what I think television's Magnum PI might wear. Manly.

If I knew how much it would smell like Bijan Men I probably wouldn't have gotten it. So, redundant, but as little easier wear than Bijan, which is complex and beastly not for every event.

Today, Sunday, just received the Versace! MMMmmmmm mmmmmmm. Nice scent. I am unable however to classify it as a scent from this or that era. Nope, as long as it smells this good and it don't matter. And Stalin wouldn't have a clue and neither would Putin.

My small bottle of L'homme from long ago smelled great. Now, I wish I still had some left. A recent bottle, 2022 purchased, smells awful, and I mean AWFUL! Cat pee is similar. I have worn it twice, the missus made a somewhat negative remark the first time, the second time told me to wash it off. She rarely has made negative comments on my fragrances, but L'homme, wow! Since wearing it those two times, I have sprayed it on paper several times and smelled at various time intervals later...yup, almost nauseating. I am now embarrassed I even left the house wearing it. What the heck happened? I read reviews on fragrantica, and basenotes, seems others have had the same recent experience as me. If L'homme has become the fiasco I experienced, it will die a quick death.

I already have Bogart One Man Show. Dead ringer, IMO, more so than Krizio Uomo.

If you like VpH, you might be interested in Swiss Arabian Oud Maknoon. It's not the same and really not all that similar, but it was the intense OMS vibe I got upon my first whiff that compelled me to tell the dealer "I'll take it" without asking the price. It's in the $90-$100 range for a stunning 75ml bottle.

OudMaknoon.jpg

One of my favorites for fall/winter, have a backup bottle as well. Very resonable on Fragrancebuy. Definitely an 80's style cologne,great for mature gents, I'm 61 and love it.

Top Bottom