What's new

Venus in the Pleiades tonight!

Also, in the morning, to the east southeast I can see with my eyeballs (from the top right to the bottom left) Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars. Mars is close and just below Saturn and to the left in the pic below.

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
" Venus AND the Pleiades "....... I'm pretty sure that was an all girl rock band out of Motown in the late '60s....

If there were eight chicks, I'd give it a look!

I remember the Josie and the Pussycats cartoon ...what tails they had!

And cute ears too.

Cat ears.

I'm digging myself in deeper here ... Dave, why you do that!?!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Also, in the morning, to the east southeast I can see with my eyeballs (from the top right to the bottom left) Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars. Mars is close and just below Saturn and to the left in the pic below.

proxy.php

Yes, for the predawn people!

I will get up that early for certain things: Orion in summer, six-minute ISS passes, etc.

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If there were eight chicks, I'd give it a look!

I remember the Josie and the Pussycats cartoon ...what tails they had!

And cute ears too.

Cat ears.

I'm digging myself in deeper here ... Dave, why you do that!?!

AA
It's a gift.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Had a look at a 2 min pass of the ISS at twilight a couple weeks ago! I don't have binocs, so last night's view was of Venus setting in the west. I'll give it another look tonight.

I never miss a six-minute pass in the PM.

Binocs don't help much; maybe with color - you can see the ISS (International Space Station) turn from gold, to orange and red, usually, before fading.

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here you go:

proxy.php

Complete and total thread drift.

Ahem. Tonight!

Look at Venus!

Not, ah, cartoons.

With tails.

AA
It is very clear here in Michigan tonight. We had a beautiful day. My son rode his electric long board for about 5 miles total, he has no fever, I have no symptoms, neither does the War Department. I am a blessed man.
IMG_20200403_175458245_HDR.jpg

And a couple of friends brought me this wood.

Name just ONE man more blessed than me. One. Ha, knew ya couldn't.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok. Clouds, clouds, I almost gave up.

One last look and there it was!

Beautiful. Like that top illustration, Venus moved that much in a day.

AA

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Comet Atlas is coming later this month, so if you don't have decent binoculars, you might buy some.
My old Minolta 7 x 50 XL's are getting to heavy for me to lug around. Any suggestions in the 8 x 32, 10 x 30, 10 x 42 range? The last time I was in the market Zeiss and Doctor's were the top tier brands.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
My old Minolta 7 x 50 XL's are getting to heavy for me to lug around. Any suggestions in the 8 x 32, 10 x 30, 10 x 42 range? The last time I was in the market Zeiss and Doctor's were the top tier brands.

They still are! And way out of my reach. The Oberwerks are affordable, but large.

See the Leupold Yosemite, small but good quality.

AA

Top Bottom