What's new

Two Dollar Tree Items (One I've Never Seen And One I've never Used)

Seems my dollar tree is loading up on all the shave gear. I knew about the brush but never saw it at my store, and this new Nick Care.

I do already have a good brush and use a Alum and a styptic pencil for nicks but what the heck these are fun to try.

IMG_0487.JPG

Strange thing is mine has colored hairs in it.The others I see in photos are one color. Any chance these are animal hairs? Is this common with nylon synthetic brushes?

IMG_0488.JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The soap that goes with it is actually decent:

AA

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The soap that goes with it is actually decent:

AA
Actually it's a detergent bar, not soap in the traditional sense. I can think of many things I'd rather brush on my face.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
And yet, because it contains both Sorbitol and Sucralose, I'm allowed to shave with it on my Keto influenced diet!!
Be my guest.
You will not see me using any of the Chinese Dollar-Twenty-Five Store shaving supplies.
One shave with that garbage TTO razor back in 2018 convinced me. Life's too short.

Be my guest.
You will not see me using any of the Chinese Dollar-Twenty-Five Store shaving supplies.
One shave with that garbage TTO razor back in 2018 convinced me. Life's too short.
I was #6 out of the original 12 Few Good Men that @GlazedBoker graciously sent these fine shaving instruments to. It's was actually quite fun participating.

By the hair on my chinny-chin-chin, I SURVIVED!! I think it's because mine started to rust after a couple of uses, and then it fell apart!! But still, it was only a $1.

I was #6 out of the original 12 Few Good Men that @GlazedBoker graciously sent these fine shaving instruments to. It's was actually quite fun participating.

By the hair on my chinny-chin-chin, I SURVIVED!! I think it's because mine started to rust after a couple of uses, and then it fell apart!! But still, it was only a $1.
At that price, its competition is the disposables in the next bin over. Against them, it wins.

I suspect these cheap, poor quality Dollar Tree shaving items are actually planted by Gillette and Schick to warn guys off trying the quality made items. That way they can continue to sell poor gullible dudes 6 bladed safety razors.

Respectfully, I disagree. While I'm sure Gillette would prefer to sell the higher profit margin cartridges, The main draw for carts is speed. While DEs can give you a better shave, three separate passes will take longer than three (or more) concurrent passes. Guys with overcrowded schedules will find that time-saving hard to resist.

BTW, I love your tagline!

Top Bottom